PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Using HTC Home and Removing TouchFlo 3D

Anyone cooking ROMS that remove TouchFLO 3D and revert back to using the HTC Home interface?

I'm finding TouchFlo "cool" but I'm also finding it less productive and efficient to get to the data I want.

Too much sliding/scrolling/waiting on animations, etc. Don't get me wrong it's cool, but I just feel like using the standard interface provided better usability.

What I find a lot of is using TouchFlo 3D to get me 70% of what I want, then having to go into the WinMo side of things to get the rest. I'd rather just get to the WinMo side of things and do 100% of what I want the first time.

So, to reiterate, anyone cooking any Diamond ROMS that get things back to pre-touchflo days?

Thanks!

Old 10-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: Using HTC Home and Removing TouchFlo 3D

You should try cooking your own.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

niketom843 is keeping up the good workniketom843 is keeping up the good workniketom843 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
Anyone cooking ROMS that remove TouchFLO 3D and revert back to using the HTC Home interface?

I'm finding TouchFlo "cool" but I'm also finding it less productive and efficient to get to the data I want.

Too much sliding/scrolling/waiting on animations, etc. Don't get me wrong it's cool, but I just feel like using the standard interface provided better usability.

What I find a lot of is using TouchFlo 3D to get me 70% of what I want, then having to go into the WinMo side of things to get the rest. I'd rather just get to the WinMo side of things and do 100% of what I want the first time.

So, to reiterate, anyone cooking any Diamond ROMS that get things back to pre-touchflo days?

Thanks!

All you have to do is just go into settings. Then into the Today screen options, go under the items tab and uncheck the TouchFLO 3D box. Then recheck what you would like to show up on your Today screen.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

It does take up a lot of room though.. if you're not going to use it, I do agree that it doesn't make sense to keep it on the device.

Try downloading the Kitchen from the sticky, following the directions, and simply uncheck Manila once you get to the BuildOS screen. See if that works.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: tmo

f0000 is a n00b

I almost sent my device back because of the TF3D. What is the point? It shows a few lines of an email at an angle inside an envelope so you HAVE to open it every time? The SMS scrolls differently than the inbox? WTF? Who designed it? and dont get me started on the stupid tabs. When youre talking on SMS you have to hit the reply box each time to start a reply. Then the "send button" moves around so depending on which way you hold the phone its either back or send you push. waste of time.

edit: just noticed how old this thread is. the directions above still hold true!
Old 12-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

I use HTCHOME2 on lots of different roms because I hate the swipe and having to look at the screen to get anything done.

search for HTCHOME2.cab , btw, this should probably be in the regular thread, not the rom thread. The only reason this is rom related is because it probably would be best in a rom without manilla or touchflo and the only people that make those seem to include spb mobileshell as the alternative. If anyone wants to cook something with just HTCHOME2, I would definitely try it!

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 12-17-2009, 10:48 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

I too am left unimpressed by all of the new-fangled ui updates. They don't fit my usage patterns, which may be unique.

Hope I don't come across as promoting ROMs I have cooked, because frankly, I published these knowing that 99.5% of people would have absolutely no interest.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69646

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68163

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 12-17-2009, 12:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

coolgui is a n00b

I agree this probably doesn't belong in the ROM forum, but if you don't want to use TF3D I would suggest a Titanium only ROM. I don't feel like Titanium uses a lot of space and it's nice to have another home option. I feel like it's more touch friendly than the old home but less glitzy than the TF3D...
Old 12-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 12-17-2009, 03:45 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

My Obviously Stable ROM is pretty good because it's Manila only. I also cooked up a SPB version that people seem to like too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond