PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

lordmyst is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to add .exe to Programs tab?

In Touchflo3d Programs tab, I would like to add an .exe, which is not a currently installed program.

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else. I've tried searching several forums, and the tflo3d config tool gives me a .NET exception.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:21 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: How to add .exe to Programs tab?

sounds like you want microsoft.net 3.5 . is that what you need? if so dl it here, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en im not sure about your question.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-06-2008 at 02:24 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lordmyst is a n00b

I tried installing 3.5, but got this .NET exception:

Code:
NullReferenceException
 at f.m(ListView A_0)
 at Diamond_TF3D_Config.frmMain.v(Object A_0, Event Args A_1)
I also tried the registry fix that was causing .NET exceptions for other people, but the fix wasn't needed for me (the DWORD value was already a DWORD).

I'm aware that I could edit the registry to accomplish what I need, but I'd rather not have to muck around in there if I don't really need to. Suppose if there's no easy way to do it without a helper app, then I'll contact the developer of the TF3D config app and report the bug.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:38 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

3.5 should install. are you using pc then draging it to ppc? explain exactly what your trying to do with config. tool please. ill look for the cab file for 3.5 fir you now.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lordmyst is a n00b

Just to clear up what my original post was about:

I upgraded my ROM so I'm starting with a clean slate. However, I had previously installed an app to my "Internal Storage\Program files" directory. That app continues to run without any problem, but since I have not installed it after resetting my phone, it does not show up in the "All Programs" window. Therefore I cannot add a shortcut to it in the TFLO3D Programs tab.

I'm aware that I could just reinstall the app, but I was just wondering if there was a way to to directly link to the .exe in the Programs tab.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:40 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lordmyst is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
3.5 should install. are you using pc then draging it to ppc? explain exactly what your trying to do with config. tool please. ill look for the cab file for 3.5 fir you now.
Thanks for the help so far.

However, I already have .NET 3.5 CF installed. I don't think that's the problem.

I've noticed that someone else had the same problem:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...405749&page=92

Browsing the last couple pages on that thread, it appears that several other people are having trouble using that config app on a sprint ROM (which I'm using as well).

That's why I'd like to just do the .exe linking myself.

Last edited by lordmyst; 10-06-2008 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:52 AM
acs tester

ok now i get it. somehow i found the cab. maybe someone else needs it, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38958 post 6 thanx tmz. well goodluck
Old 10-06-2008, 06:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You can find the .exe file in your windows directory and paste a shortcut in windows\startmenu\programs
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

kingabraham3 is becoming a great contributor

using resco explorer, just tap and hold on the exe, and select "send shortcut to start menu"
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond