PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

Justin311 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Instinct like features: Slide to end? Visual VM? Can anybody provide the tweak?

While I hated many of the features on my instinct (the month I had it), there were some features I LOVED that I'm really missing after switching to the diamond.

1. First and foremost is visual voicemail. This one is a longshot. But for those of you who haven't used it, see if you can demo it. Its SOOOO much nicer than regular VM. Has anybody ever "hacked" a ppc to use it?

2. "Slide to _______". The instinct has unique "slide button" feature that keeps you from inadvertantly hitting buttons with your hand or cheek (while on the phone). It worked great. Slide to end, slide to ignore (you can ignore or answer, depending on which way you slide the button). Is there any way to tweak the diamond to do this?

Just curious if other people have tried the instinct and wish we had other features it has. As a side note, my "live search" was night and day better on the instinct. It could tell what I was saying almost every time. My diamond, on the other hand, could rarely get it right. Then after 2 weeks the program crashed and hasn't worked since. Anybody else have this happen? I have a document file that was autosaved on my device when live search crashed, and it is titled "LiveSearchError". Any instructions on how to reload live search?

The only thing I liked better about my Diamond live search is the optiont o manually enter the thing you were searching for, for the few times the instinct couldn't pick up what I was saying, it would have been nice. I have to use it nearly every time on the Diamond (when it was working )
Old 10-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Instinct like features: Slide to end? Visual VM? Can anybody provide the tweak?

Visual Voicemail....can't help ya there. Seems like a service provided from Sprint and you would need the corresponding programs/ability to get it to work. Even then I wouldn't install it on my phone til v23.1.3.15 or something like that.

Windows Live...bloatware. It's an alright program if you use it constantly. The only thing I would use it for is movies...and that's not that big of a deal to me. TomTom 7 has traffic and turn by turn directions (which Windows Live doesn't have).
Old 10-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan
Re: Instinct like features: Slide to end? Visual VM? Can anybody provide the tweak?

Live search has turn by turn and and traffic, I use it all the time.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamonte
Carrier: eSprint

deanwoof is just getting started

sprint navigation is great. i dont like how live search is on windows devices (mogul, 800wx, diamond).

you can try slide to unlock. at least you're sliding something ...
Old 10-02-2008, 02:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by toinejuan View Post
Live search has turn by turn and and traffic, I use it all the time.
But not in real time...nor does it speak out loud. TT7 the best Navi, IMO

If I'm wrong about Windows Live then correct me.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

live search on the instinct and live search on windows are two completely different pieces of software. live search on the instinct is not powered by microsoft. And i must say, it works wonders...(i work for sprint and i HATE the instinct). But live search on there is phenomenal.

Chef, you think TT7 is better than Sprint NAV?

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 10-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwoof View Post
you can try slide to unlock. at least you're sliding something ...
Laughed so loud people came in my office to see what was so funny. Thank you!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
live search on the instinct and live search on windows are two completely different pieces of software. live search on the instinct is not powered by microsoft. And i must say, it works wonders...(i work for sprint and i HATE the instinct). But live search on there is phenomenal.

Chef, you think TT7 is better than Sprint NAV?
TT7 = Free.ninety free > Sprint NAV.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ben View Post
TT7 = Free.ninety free > Sprint NAV.
LoL!! I see your point. But, if you had Sprint NAV for free then which would you say was better?

I've used Sprint NAV with the Instinct and on the Diamond and Mogul, it works great. And it does the live traffic thing with voice navigation. Plus, you don't have to take up all that space with maps.

On the other hand, it does need a signal to connect to download the maps, etc. So that's a downfall.

The Visual voicemail system, uses Voice SMS to deliver the messages. I really don't miss that, although, picking the order of message you want to hear was convenient

Last edited by steb0ne; 10-02-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

my wife has an instinct and besides sprint navi,the only thing i liked was it has real picture mail.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond