PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 09:54 AM
N00b

gordec is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone's Spring Diamond Doesn't Overheat?

I want to order the Diamond tomorrow. Right now the only main issue I have is the overheating complaints. So far every user seems to say their Diamond overheats. Does anyone have a Diamond that runs at normal temperature?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Anyone's Spring Diamond Doesn't Overheat?

I am not trying to be rude, so please do not take it that way. But please search or read through the threads before posting, because there at least a few threads on this subject already.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:07 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

gordec is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I am not trying to be rude, so please do not take it that way. But please search or read through the threads before posting, because there at least a few threads on this subject already.
I have seen multiple threads discussing overheating. I have not seen anyone who says their Diamond doesn't overheat. That is what I want to find out. If you can find out a post that says "my Diamond never overheats" please link it for me.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordec View Post
I have seen multiple threads discussing overheating. I have not seen anyone who says their Diamond doesn't overheat. That is what I want to find out. If you can find out a post that says "my Diamond never overheats" please link it for me.
short answer, no, all of them do it. they all came from the same manufacturer from the same place, all with the same hardware and software until Sprint releases a rom/radio update to rectify the problem. Even GSM users report the battery getting very hot. Whether its actually "overheating" is a question we will find with time. Gnerally, heat for electronics are bad, but even though it gets hot, I dont think HTC is dumb enough to release an unsafe or untested device.

SO yes, we all experience the same thing, and right now, theres no way around it, people here are testing different things to try to find the culprit. Am i happy with my purchase even though i can cook chicken on the back of my diamond??

H3LL YES!!!!!!!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:18 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

chicken?? i was tethering to my laptop over the weekend and was able to finish a pork roast!! lol I have had an "overheating" issue on my touch and mogul so its something im used to by now.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 09-30-2008, 10:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Mavosa is just getting started

My Telus Diamond does not overheat noticeably all that much..
Old 09-30-2008, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavosa View Post
My Telus Diamond does not overheat noticeably all that much..
i know that, i said the sprint ones have the major "overheating" problems. most telus and gsm users still complain of the phone getting hot though. we think the sprint radio version is the culprit
Old 09-30-2008, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT & ORANGE

harlem135th is keeping up the good workharlem135th is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to harlem135th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
i know that, i said the sprint ones have the major "overheating" problems. most telus and gsm users still complain of the phone getting hot though. we think the sprint radio version is the culprit
Success100 good to see you back and off that Curve.. Currently using my diamond to warm up the house
Old 09-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.
Carrier: Sprint

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mine gets "warm" but I would hardly call it "overheating". My 5500 would get hotter than this.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

I like to use my diamond to give me second degree burns on my ear and face lol

nah the only time ive had it get really hot is during tethering. you can smell the heat. seriously. next time give it the ol' sniff u can get that warm smell out of it.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond