PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ocbizlaw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ringtones for Known and Unknown Callers

I used to have a Treo 800w. Worst phone I ever had, but I digress. One thing it had that I liked was that in Settings:Sounds and Notifications:Event it had known callers and unknown callers. So, you could specify different rings if someone called who was not in your contact list and a different ring for people in your contact list. If you already had a custom ring specified for a contact, that ring would override the default.

So I had many callers with specfic rings assigned in contacts. But, I really liked the fact that when the phone rang I always knew if the caller was in my contracts or not by the ring.

The Diamond does not have the option in Settings:Sounds and Notifications:Event. It only has phone incoming call. I assumed it was a function of WM 6.1 but I guess not or it was left out of the stock Diamond. Is there a way to get that option through a tweak of some kind?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:06 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Ringtones for Known and Unknown Callers

I do not know of a tweak but if someone else does, I would love that functionality as well. I remember when I had my Treo 700wx I used to use "Who Are You" by the Who for unknown calls... still have the custom ringtone that I made for it
Old 09-26-2008, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Threadstarter

ocbizlaw is a n00b

I also used custom sounds for incoming email and text messages in place of the wav files on the phone but when I try to assign one of my custom wavs to incoming messages, they don't play. They are wav files just like the stock ones on the phone, they are located in the same directory (windows) on the phone as the stock wav files for such messages and they are of similar size but there is no sound when they are selected.

Any ideas?
Old 09-26-2008, 03:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro and Sprint Diamond

bbossman1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocbizlaw View Post
I used to have a Treo 800w. Worst phone I ever had, but I digress. One thing it had that I liked was that in Settings:Sounds and Notifications:Event it had known callers and unknown callers. So, you could specify different rings if someone called who was not in your contact list and a different ring for people in your contact list. If you already had a custom ring specified for a contact, that ring would override the default.

So I had many callers with specfic rings assigned in contacts. But, I really liked the fact that when the phone rang I always knew if the caller was in my contracts or not by the ring.

The Diamond does not have the option in Settings:Sounds and Notifications:Event. It only has phone incoming call. I assumed it was a function of WM 6.1 but I guess not or it was left out of the stock Diamond. Is there a way to get that option through a tweak of some kind?
The "Unknown" caller feature was on my Mogul and my treo 800w, wish it was on the Diamond, I used "Who can it be now" for the ringtone.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

If has to be a reg

if some one has there old 800W or Mogle and can give me HKLM and HKCU reg ill compare to diamond reg.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
If has to be a reg

if some one has there old 800W or Mogle and can give me HKLM and HKCU reg ill compare to diamond reg.

Actually I was just thinking of the same thing... let's see if we can compare and figure this out...
Old 09-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Actually I was just thinking of the same thing... let's see if we can compare and figure this out...
HKCU>ControlPanel>sounds

can i have that full key to take a look?
Old 09-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

My old 700wx is somewhere at home.. but I have a new 800w here in the box that I am returning. Hang on, I'll open it and look real quick...
Old 09-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
My old 700wx is somewhere at home.. but I have a new 800w here in the box that I am returning. Hang on, I'll open it and look real quick...
my 700wx is out on loan, so i cannot check it.

or id be on that like flies on s*it.

i too miss this option. i ignore unknown #'s and let my voice service get them.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
HKCU>ControlPanel>sounds

can i have that full key to take a look?
See next post...

Last edited by rainfreak; 09-26-2008 at 04:12 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond