PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 03:03 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
should I???

Okay so i was offered the Diamond at a very good price....150off plus instant rebate 50 plus 100 mail in rebate and 50 service credit. the lady was really tryin to get ya girl to buy this fone, but my question is, I wanna wait it out for the diamond pro, but is it possible to get the diamond and use it til the pro comes out, and once it does switch it, and only pay the difference but keep all my rebates??? I admit i'm very impatient and I want a new fone but I don't wanna mess up my chances of gettin my diamond pro... HELP?!?!?!
Old 09-25-2008, 03:08 AM
bigbilal04

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: should I???

well you have your 30 day return policy, so you should be good as of now, because its less than 30 days when pro comes out. So since i work for sprint, i would say, go for it
Old 09-25-2008, 03:13 AM
Newsie and More
Threadstarter

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbilal04 View Post
well you have your 30 day return policy, so you should be good as of now, because its less than 30 days when pro comes out. So since i work for sprint, i would say, go for it
what all do i have to do to turn it back in when the pro comes out???
Old 09-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

You may not get the rebates because your going to need the upc off of the box and you wouldn't be able to return it without that. So uh, yea, but what hell try for the rebate anyway. I would advise you to contact customer support or go a sprint store to find out fa sho.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Maybe you could talk them into doing the mail-in rebate right there on the spot. I read some people were able to get that done.

I'd say get the Diamond and then Swap it out for the Touch Pro.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Newsie and More
Threadstarter

Okay i just talked to the lady and she said I could swap it oput but since it's not in any stores around here I would have to send the diamond back first for me to get my pro, so I think I'll just wait... it's less hassle... unless someone has better ideas???
Old 09-25-2008, 03:12 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Normally I would recommend to "Just Do It!", but in this case, I would definately wait for the pro. That friendly associate was just trying to make her cash TODAY! But yeah, after all the rebates stuff, and are you sure the pro will be available in 30 days?

I'm waiting myself...

Old 09-25-2008, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
what all do i have to do to turn it back in when the pro comes out???
Honestly, from my personal experience if your in that 30 day window you can get Sprint to do just about anything you want...

I've had em trade like 4 phones for me in the last year and a half.... One of those was even outside the 30 day, and they wanted me to originally go through the insurance company.

If the Diamond isn't good enough for me in terms of on screen typing, I'll call them up and tell them I want to cancel my account. They will ALWAYS ask you why, tell them the truth.. The lack of keyboard sucks, and I really need it.

I'd be willing to bet 9 out of 10 retention people will do the trade with no backlash or extra cash involved.

Just my 2 cents.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond