PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 11:26 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to prepair a virgin battery?

Ive had problems in the past with my battery lasting only a few hours after the battery is only a few months old and Ive asked a few people at Sprint how long to charge the battery when its brand new and any other tips to prolong the life of the battery and everyone seems to have a different answer. Im wondering what the best things to do are for a new battery so it lasts as long as it can.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamonte
Carrier: eSprint

deanwoof is just getting started
Re: How to prepair a virgin battery?

wear protection?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

If the batteries have behaved when new and slowly degraded that really had nothing to do with initial preparation.

Lithium ION has a finite amount of charges. But a partial charge does not count as a full charge. Draining Lith batteries real low is not good for them.

Top it off as often as you can to extend it's life. For example when you get home if you don't need the phone put it on the charger rather than wait. At work, if you are at a desk keep it hooked to computer.

Set time outs short, lower screen brightness, all the standard stuff.

Run as few things that will drain the battery as possible (even if you have enough to last the day cut down battery drain as much as you can).

Background internet apps (weather, polling email etc.) will drain the battery and therefore shorten the life and length of holding a charge.

My touch is 10 months old and battery still behaves like new.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

With so much false info and crap going around I am honestly happy to see facts posted.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

tantrum829 is keeping up the good worktantrum829 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwoof View Post
wear protection?
Thanks for the laugh dude.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:27 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

I disagree that draining a lithium ion battery diminishes its life.

Every phone I've ever had, the first thing I do when I get the phone is turn it on and completely drain the slight charge in the battery, then I do a full charge for 12 hours, and do a full discharge/charge cycle for 3 days.

Surprise surprise, I'm always the one who gets excellent battery life while everyone complains...

I've had the same Mogul battery for almost a year now... I get about 2 days of moderate use out of my phone while most of my friends running the same ROM and general programs as me get about half a day to a day... They never fully charge/discharge their batteries.

Technically, its supposed to be bad for them... but I've found just the opposite to be true in reality.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 09-23-2008, 03:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I Have to Agree with EtherealRemnant on this but I want to also add that constantly charging the phone can hurt the battery as well. When I first got my Touch last year, I always had it plugged to the wall at home, work and even the car charger. never let the battery go down more than 50% for months and when I actually started using the phone without the constant charging the battery would die out after just a few hours as if the battery got addicted to the all day charge.

But that's just my experience.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:40 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

I've had that experience too. Whenever that happens though, I just charge/discharge for a few days and it regains about 90% of its original charging ability.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Thanks for the tip. I will try that on the original battery see if I could get it working right.
In the mean time I bought that Seido 2000 battery and I can go almost 2 days without charging and thats with moderate usage.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shortstack2000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
Ive had problems in the past with my battery lasting only a few hours after the battery is only a few months old and Ive asked a few people at Sprint how long to charge the battery when its brand new and any other tips to prolong the life of the battery and everyone seems to have a different answer. Im wondering what the best things to do are for a new battery so it lasts as long as it can.
Its pretty simple, the very first time your battery is charged, to not inturrupt the charge and let it charge fully, best to just leave it on the charger overnight. The very first charge is a "memory" that the battery will keep, so a full charge the first time and after that it does not matter, ive done that with over a dozen phones, pda or not, and always had exceptional baterry life for the phone i am using.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond