PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jmz768 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible to remove Opera and make IE the default browser?

Call me crazy but I like PIE over any other browser. I'd like to completely remove the Opera browser or at least make PIE the default browser. Also, it would be cool if the tab for the internet could be made to point to PIE.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Re: Possible to remove Opera and make IE the default browser?

What are you smoking?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
What are you smoking?
a big bag of crack is my guess.....

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Threadstarter

jmz768 is a n00b

Well you two have certainly been helpful.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz768 View Post
Well you two have certainly been helpful.
Opera is in rom you cant remove it. its also embedded into a tf3d tab.

you could probably change default browser in the reg tho.

id suggest you try opera again tho. you'll realize that IE is a waste of space
Old 09-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz768 View Post
Call me crazy but I like PIE over any other browser. I'd like to completely remove the Opera browser or at least make PIE the default browser. Also, it would be cool if the tab for the internet could be made to point to PIE.
While I can't remember at the moment, it is matter of simple registry changes to make PIE the default browser. Perhaps search for "registry", "default", and "browser". Opera is good at certain pages, PIE does have its advantages.

One thing I haven't been able to find is how to import/export/backup Opera bookmarks. With PIE, they are just bunch of URLs that can be extracted.

I will look for those registry entries when I have time. If you find them first, please post here.

Thanks.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
While I can't remember at the moment, it is matter of simple registry changes to make PIE the default browser. Perhaps search for "registry", "default", and "browser". Opera is good at certain pages, PIE does have its advantages.

One thing I haven't been able to find is how to import/export/backup Opera bookmarks. With PIE, they are just bunch of URLs that can be extracted.

I will look for those registry entries when I have time. If you find them first, please post here.

Thanks.

Try this, it should make PIE as the default browser:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:DEFBROWSER\

Value 0="Pocket IE"
Value 1="\Windows\iexplore.exe"
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:31 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I'm sorry this isn't helpful, but I just want to say I am in holy-sh*t surprised mode right now, because I've never met anyone who likes PIE over ANY other browser in WM. lol

Amazing.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

look over at xda for darkness321 cab that will atleast make ie default...as far as remapping the tf3d ive been trying to do that myself from day 1...hope that helps

Old 09-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

if you can be patient ill upload it here in a while im currently flashing my rom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond