PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

daoom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FM Radio on the Telus Diamond

It's been discussed before, but I don't remember anybody being really sure whether it would work or not. So, I found a a copy of the FM Radio cab on xda-developers in the Raphael section and decided to see what would happen.

It installs without a problem, but running it is another issue.
  1. If I plug in my headset, it doesn't start and/or gives me an "unexpected error" message.
  2. If I don't plug in my headset, the software start but tells me I need to plug in a headset or cancel.
  3. So I plug in my headset and select "retry" at which point I get an unexpected error and it shuts down.
So, at least the software installs and that's a first step. Could be missing hardware on the phone which causes the error, or it could be that the headset does not have the antena built in. Would be nice to see if someone who has the right headset with antena built in to it could give it a spin and see what happens.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: FM Radio on the Telus Diamond

Ive had the software installed and not erroring out. but i gave away my stock headset that it uses for an antenna so i cannot test this. i have a feeling tis not going to work tho. dont have the hardware to back it up (tuner) but it does have the antenna (headset)

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-22-2008, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

daoom is just getting started

So you know for a fact that the stock headset that ships with the Telus phones has what it needs to work as a headset?
Old 09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by daoom View Post
So you know for a fact that the stock headset that ships with the Telus phones has what it needs to work as a headset?
HTC uses the common ground in the head sets as an antenna.

they wouldnt change production line just because CDMA doesn't have the radio. same head set for different handsets

pin out on the plug is the same. its weather or not the hard ware backs it up

i think we have a better change of getting tv out to work as its software based and the dongle handles the usb to RCA/Componant conversion.
if mymoble works then tv out should be obtainable
Old 09-22-2008, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

leongus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by daoom View Post
It's been discussed before, but I don't remember anybody being really sure whether it would work or not. So, I found a a copy of the FM Radio cab on xda-developers in the Raphael section and decided to see what would happen.

It installs without a problem, but running it is another issue.
  1. If I plug in my headset, it doesn't start and/or gives me an "unexpected error" message.
  2. If I don't plug in my headset, the software start but tells me I need to plug in a headset or cancel.
  3. So I plug in my headset and select "retry" at which point I get an unexpected error and it shuts down.
So, at least the software installs and that's a first step. Could be missing hardware on the phone which causes the error, or it could be that the headset does not have the antena built in. Would be nice to see if someone who has the right headset with antena built in to it could give it a spin and see what happens.
I found this in the HTC website. I am still thinking if i want to order it. It is pretty expensive and i dont know if it will even work on my Sprint Diamond.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (14.2 KB, 59 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by leongus; 09-22-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongus View Post
I found this in the HTC website. I am still thinking if i want to order it. It is pretty expensive and i dont know if it will even work on my Sprint Diamond.
cant read that image i dont have a microscope on hand to read .2 sized font :P
Old 09-22-2008, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch Diamond

leongus is just getting started

Sorry, i linked a bigger picture. if you cant see that, then here is the description:

Keep your phone in your pocket with the HTC RC E100 Music Remote Control. The Music Remote Control lets you easily answer and make calls and play back your music by simply pressing a button. Clip the stylish Remote Control to your clothing and you have music playback and phone controls at your fingertips. Also, with the built-in FM antenna giving a signal boost, listening to FM radio stations is crystal clear (see note below).

Key Features

- The E100 includes 3.5mm stereo earphones or use your own!
- Voice dial support
- Last number redial support
- Volume buttons
Music control buttons
Play/Pause button
Forward/Backward buttons for music playback or FM channel selection
- Phone buttons
- Send button to answer calls, call waiting switch or redial last number
End button to end a call or use voice dial
Mute button to silence ringtone when an incoming call comes or mute the microphone during an ongoing call
- Hold switch to lock/unlock the remote control
- Two colours: Black or white

Note: Only applies to devices with integrated FM Radio function

Note:
- Your HTC device may require a driver for this audio accessory to function correctly. If you experience any problems, then please download the driver from here, once the driver is downloaded, the file name needs to be renamed to zip.
- RC E100 is not compatible with YC A100 Y cable or YC A200 multifunctional audio cable
Old 09-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Does the sprint diamond have a built in FM Radio? If so, how can I get it to work?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:59 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
Does the sprint diamond have a built in FM Radio? If so, how can I get it to work?
hence the thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shortstack2000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
No, please read above

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond