PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 03:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: don't TOUCH my mutha freakin PRO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

musiqlives is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering Fix Right Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybe View Post
Ok, i installed the cab and now activesync wont connect to my laptop and the diamond doesnt give me an option anymore if i want drive space or sync. is there anything i could do to fix this?
Did you do a soft reset. If you did then you can go to setting>connections>USB to PC. You will get the option to change to ActiveSync or Disk Drive as well as an option to "ask every time" Hope this helps.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: don't TOUCH my mutha freakin PRO!!!

musiqlives is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
so u installed the one on the front page right?

Can anybody please tell me the difference between the cab with backlight settings and the cab without? I want to know what the big deal is between the two.. basically what role does the backlight serve in tethering. thank you.
Yeah, I installed the one on the front page. It made my screen bright and keeps it on automatically. I turned the screen off & for some reason, do to the fact that the USB was still connected & my activesync was turned off. My data connection stayed active. Which made the tethering still work. I went to a bunch of websites & forgot I was even using my cell phone as a connection. I dont know what made it possible but I am happy its working that way. If you ever intall it please let me know if yours worked the same. ~Technology is SEXY!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 01:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto q 9c
Carrier: sprint

oldskoul is a n00b

I have read the entire thread... it seems to be that people with VISTA 64 bit are having trouble conx. LIKE ME.

I have a HP LAPTOP VISTA 64 bit sysyem and a HTC TP with installed cab's from this thread. I can conntect via bluetooth to sync via active sync and wmdc. Not sure why they both go on but they both read and enterain a bluetooth connx etc.

I have the HTC TP installed on the bluetooth partnertships but under COntrol panels> Bluethooth Devices > Dial up is Blank... makes me think the HTC PRO does not offer that service to my cpu.

After i make a BT conx i got to 'connect to a network. Right click on Dial up connection Bluetooth and it est bt conx then goes to the dial page where #777 is filled out then FAILS.

Any help ideas? I BAILED OUT AND WENT TO JUNEFABRICS AND DL THEIR PDANET 2.0 FOR 64 BIT CPU;S IT SOUNDS LIKE NO ONE HERE IS USING A 64 BIT CPU AND THE CABS HERE ARE NOT MADE FOR VISTA WITH 64 BIT. tHANK YOU THOUGH THE OTHER CABS ARE AWESOME!!

Thanks

Last edited by oldskoul; 11-12-2008 at 04:13 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

MrMonkee is a n00b

I think I have the same problem with my Gateway laptop with 64-bit Vista on it. I can connect with BT just fine but with the USB connection nothing happens except that there is a NDIS connection that is created but it gives me no internet connection.

I used to use PDAnet but that program sucked the living juice out of my phone like there was no tomorrow. My phone couldnt even charge fast enough to keep up.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto q 9c

oldskoul is a n00b

That's terrible about the battery. Wonder if we can adjust something to fix that.

Maybe a new Cab will come out on here for 64 users.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

dkcharger is a n00b

Can any of you tell me why I get disconnected every few minutes while tethering? I hav ea tough pro wm 6.1. I've seen this problem on other forums but no one has said why or how to fix it.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkcharger View Post
Can any of you tell me why I get disconnected every few minutes while tethering? I hav ea tough pro wm 6.1. I've seen this problem on other forums but no one has said why or how to fix it.
have u installed the registry edits or cab on the first page or just running internet sharing straight out of the box?
Old 11-13-2008, 02:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

dkcharger is a n00b

I did the registry edit but did not install the cab file. This is really annoying, I hope someone can tell me why my connection keeps disconnecting. I know other's are having the same problem. Do you know if the backlight reg edits are what prevents the phone from going to sleep and terminating the connection? I don't think that is related because If I power off using the power button it still stays connected for a couple of minutes. Reallly need some help here guys! Or at least some ideas to try.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

MrMonkee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonkee View Post
I think I have the same problem with my Gateway laptop with 64-bit Vista on it. I can connect with BT just fine but with the USB connection nothing happens except that there is a NDIS connection that is created but it gives me no internet connection.

I used to use PDAnet but that program sucked the living juice out of my phone like there was no tomorrow. My phone couldnt even charge fast enough to keep up.

Well, I just tried to tether on 32-Bit Vista and it does the same thing! WTH?! I really need this. Is something wrong with my Mobile Device Center software? What are the setting supposed to be? Am I supposed to create a dial-up connection with #777 like the regular phones?
Old 11-14-2008, 01:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Amel is a n00b

i tried it on xp, no go

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond