PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Speedy2k is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dialing rules question!!

I want to know if it is possible to make a dialing rules that will dial a numer wait for the connection and after that dial the complete contact number?? because i have a ip pbx at home and i want to lower down the charges on my cell phone, so i have make my home number nation wide free, and when my pbx see my cell phone number it answer without a ring and wait for a phone number to be dialed out. I have tried with the + option and set the international code to my home number with a , at the end for a pause like this "18888888888,"
this is not working perfectly, because when it dial the contact number, this is in this format 1(88888-8888 and when it get the ( it stop dialing, so my pbx only receive the 1, so if it is possible to change the dialing rules to remove the ( and the ) and the - from my phone number before dialing it, it would be really cool thanx a lot!

Last edited by Speedy2k; 09-06-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Speedy2k is a n00b
Re: Dialing rules question!!

Nobody can help me on this one?? there must be a way to make the phone automaticaly dial a preset number before the contact number!!!! Please, i really need some help on this one!! thanx!
Old 09-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy2k View Post
I want to know if it is possible to make a dialing rules that will dial a numer wait for the connection and after that dial the complete contact number?? because i have a ip pbx at home and i want to lower down the charges on my cell phone, so i have make my home number nation wide free, and when my pbx see my cell phone number it answer without a ring and wait for a phone number to be dialed out. I have tried with the + option and set the international code to my home number with a , at the end for a pause like this "18888888888,"
this is not working perfectly, because when it dial the contact number, this is in this format 1(88888-8888 and when it get the ( it stop dialing, so my pbx only receive the 1, so if it is possible to change the dialing rules to remove the ( and the ) and the - from my phone number before dialing it, it would be really cool thanx a lot!
<phone number>PP<phone number>P<number>
For example, I use a calling card. I saved the calling card with a contact's number. P is a pause. If you want the pause to be longer, put in another P.

So, 6192221222PP1234#PP7601231234 would mean my phone would dial 6192221222, wait for 2 Ps (I think it's 1 second per P), then dial 1234 followed by the pound key, then wait for 2Ps, then dial 7601231234.

Good luck!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Speedy2k is a n00b

Yeah i know how to make it work like that, but what i want to do is program my contact phone numer like this: 1 (88 888-8888.
and i want to make a dialing plan that willautomatically before the contact number add my pbs system, it is the same principe as a calling card. but i don't want to have to prorgam this at each contact, and the problem i got is when i connect my phone or edit a contact with outlook it replace the phone number in the same ways. So i really need the phone to make it by itself before dialing my contact, and even when i'm dialing a custom number, i want it ot automatically add the number of my ip pbx, so each and every call that goes out of my phone need to pass through my pbx.
Thanx for any insight!!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Speedy2k is a n00b

If someone can point me where the radio rom dialing plan is, it would be really appreciated. thanx!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Speedy2k is a n00b

no one here with know where the cellualr dialing plan is in the rom?? it's impossible, there is so much smart guy around here, a little help would be really appreciated thanx!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: Bell Canada

jdevitt1000 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jdevitt1000

If you are using IP, would a vpn help and/or a new Work Url (inside Settings, Connections, Connections, Advanced, Exceptions)?
Old 09-24-2008, 08:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

GuyWithNoLife is becoming a great contributor

Not really an answer to your question, but you could always file the number under a 2nd number in Outlook. For example, for locations that I do work at, I have the correct number stored under Work and the number I dial (to which I prepend *67) as Work 2. When I call out I use Work 2 but if someone at the location does get my cell phone number (grrr....) it'll show correctly when they call in.

In Outlook if you change your Current View to Phone List, it'll display all the contacts and multiple phone numbers in a table. Copy and paste your pre-pend into whichever empty column you want to use for dialing out (Business fax, for example) and then copy and paste the phone numbers in after it.

Again, I know this isn't the solution you are looking for, but it might be a temporary work around until you get it set up the way you want.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Sprint Nexus S 4G
Old 09-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I know my IP PBX allows for me to prepend numbers at the console for all devices or only specific ones. So can't you just set it up so that when your phone connects via wireless to your IP PBX, than it automatically prepends the numbers for you?

I have worked with IP PBXs more than a fair amount... let me know the manufacturer and model number I will try to get you an answer...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond