PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Second camera in the Diamond

the second camera for video calls and self portraits is located in the ear piece its a tiny little thing. but telus must disable it because for the life of me i cannot figure out how to use it.

any one els got it working?
Old 09-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Retired Staff
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Second camera in the Diamond

ummm... thats not a camera :S

the camera on the gsm version was located to the right of the earpiece... the cdma version completely removed it

that isn't a camera
Old 09-03-2008, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
the second camera for video calls and self portraits is located in the ear piece its a tiny little thing. but telus must disable it because for the life of me i cannot figure out how to use it.

any one els got it working?
I believe that's the light sensor you're trying to take a picture of your ear with... As someone else said, the second camera is not on the CDMA units. I think the reason I heard was that video calling wasn't supported.

Clint
Old 09-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

really? because the help file indicates the device is equip ed with 2 cameras. and if that's not a camera what is it then because its not an led and it has that purple tinge like a polarized lenses like the rear camera.

"Your device has two built-in cameras: MAIN CAMERA: A rear 3.2 megapixel CMOS camera for capturing high resolution pictures and video clips with audio

2ND CAMERA: A front camera for video calls and self-portrait shooting.

Note: the 2nd camera may only be available in some devices"

so i understand we may not have it but if what im seeing in the corner of the ear peice isnt a camera WTF is it then lol

Last edited by Mr. X; 09-03-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNeufeld View Post
I believe that's the light sensor you're trying to take a picture of your ear with... As someone else said, the second camera is not on the CDMA units. I think the reason I heard was that video calling wasn't supported.

Clint
its not the light sensor. try putting your thumb over it

now if u put ur thumb over the scroll wheel/d-pad and watch the hard buttons light up

it looks like a polarized lens to me. and when your in a video call you don't hold the handset to your ear lol nor when you take self portraits you hold the phone and look at it :P its not hard to consider the fact its there and disabled. maybe its even just the lenses lol cameras are tiny

Last edited by Mr. X; 09-03-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Retired Staff
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

hmm... it said u had 2 cameras in the telus manual? that's weird...

SUE TELUS! LOL!
Old 09-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

Interesting.

I wonder if someone has a clear detailed pic of this.
I am curious.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
hmm... it said u had 2 cameras in the telus manual? that's weird...

SUE TELUS! LOL!
LOL yah that will go over well.

i want ot figure out how to enable them?? maybe the HTC Camera software from the GSM modle :P
Old 09-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridic View Post
Interesting.

I wonder if someone has a clear detailed pic of this.
I am curious.
i will take one when i get off work with my 7 megapixel... clear enough for yah?
Old 09-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

I think that just might do the trick, lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond