PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Telus Diamond Thread

Added Custom Weather Cities tutorial.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Kitchen Builder
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial62 View Post
all seems to go well until "write to phone" and then I am not sure. I get a pop up warning that the phone is different Blah blah blah, continue or not. So I hit continue (or accept or whatever) and DMR v2.28 on phone starts up...I get #777 warning on my phone which I dismiss and DMR keeps grinding away. I am not sure if this is Okey dokey and I wonder how much time will elapse before writing to phone is complete. Is it seconds, minutes or more than an hour? The QPST service Programming window is greyed out but the DMR Tx and Rx counters on phone are plugging away. any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Writing to the phone only takes a second. I've had this happen before, all I did was restart the phone, enter Diagnostic mode, start QPST, check the settings, and see if they took. Mine did.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Kitchen Builder
Threadstarter

Added tweaking programs.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

Lokks is a n00b

Thanks folks these tweaks work great
Old 08-26-2008, 02:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond

crucial62 is a n00b

Hey Tobeychris and all:
Thanks for your response to my inquiries. I have had no luck. Although I am fairly computer savy
I admit to knowing sweet fanny arbuckle about phone tweaking. So please excuse the absolute noob questions.
I keep getting the "phone on comport COM6 has changed, do you want to disconnect Y / N" warning, (up to three times) which I reject, and then the system seems to hang.
So my questions are based on the fact that I think I am missing something basic.

first the phone info:
CE OS 5.2.19965 9 (Build19965.1.2.3)
Telus HTC Diamond
1)am I trying to tweak the wrong rom?
2)when checking to see if I have GPS operability is Google maps suitable?
3)is there any other program that I should have installed for this process to work?
I have followed your steps to the tee, and the only curious thing I find is that when I have added my phone in QPSP it shows a phone number that seems to have no bearing on my phone, However under the system tab my # is displayed.

4)you state in step 11. "It might now ask you to choose your base model. I've found that scrolling to the bottom of the list and choosing SURF6100-ZRF6155 works well. If this isn't in your list, go with trial and error, starting from the bottom, then click OK." --- is this possibly what is causing the "phone changed error"? I am sort of shooting in the dark but was thinking that If I picked the wrong code here the changes would be made but would not work....or is this my problem? I have tried the bottom five codes to no avail.

Thanks again for your help
Old 08-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball
Thumbs up Thank You!!!

Just wanted to say thanks for putting all of this Telus Diamond stuff together.
Seems that there's nowhere else on the web where fellow Telus Diamond owners can get any info or help at all.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: A cracked Diamond :(

realninth is a n00b

Quote:
Hi there, Telus HTC diamond
My original problem is that I have been trying to Install QuickGPS and the certificates are not being recognised by mobile 6. any help in that direction would be a great help.
im having the same problem. if anyone has successfully put QuickGPS on their diamond, can you please shed some light!
Old 08-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Kitchen Builder
Threadstarter

Quote:
first the phone info:
CE OS 5.2.19965 9 (Build19965.1.2.3)
Telus HTC Diamond
1)am I trying to tweak the wrong rom?
2)when checking to see if I have GPS operability is Google maps suitable?
3)is there any other program that I should have installed for this process to work?
I have followed your steps to the tee, and the only curious thing I find is that when I have added my phone in QPSP it shows a phone number that seems to have no bearing on my phone, However under the system tab my # is displayed.

4)you state in step 11. "It might now ask you to choose your base model. I've found that scrolling to the bottom of the list and choosing SURF6100-ZRF6155 works well. If this isn't in your list, go with trial and error, starting from the bottom, then click OK." --- is this possibly what is causing the "phone changed error"? I am sort of shooting in the dark but was thinking that If I picked the wrong code here the changes would be made but would not work....or is this my problem? I have tried the bottom five codes to no avail.

Thanks again for your help
1) There is no other rom as of yet, so No.
2) Yes. Locks take approximately 60-90s for me, and you may have to Google Maps to Use GPS more than once.
3) There shouldn't be any more steps, assuming you're using Windows XP, as this apparently doesn't work in Vista (can't find the drivers). Mine says : Phone: WinCE and Banner: TELUS, if those are there, you're fine.
4) If you press Write To Phone, there's a blue bar that scrolls across the top (same as when you Read From Phone), if this goes all the way, you're fine. What build of QPST are you using?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond

crucial62 is a n00b

Hey TC:
everything I am doing seems to be correct, blue bar does its thing etc. I am using QPST 2.7 Build 215 and yes on XP.

Because of the warning popup, I am pretty sure that I am for some reason not writing to my unit. But just in case, I have tried the GPS settings in G-maps to be either automatic or COM4, 4800 baud. My Beam connection is turned off and I have hung off my balcony by my feet. I am a ships officer, so I know gps and know that I should be getting a strong gps exposure from where I am located.

I am going to uninstall QPST 2.7, clean my registry, and try again. what I would like a bit of clarification on is exactly which drivers are installed when the phone is initally attached in diagnostic mode. I am thinking that they may be flukey so would like to reinstall them as well. In other words start right at the beginning again and see if that solves things.

and thanks again
Old 08-26-2008, 08:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Monster is just getting started

I have a Quick GPS cab file but it won't work on my diamond. Does anyone have one that does?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond