PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can you use an Alltel phone on VZW network?

Sorry if this was asked before in the past..........

Anyways I had seen a new HTC Diamond on sale for 99.99 but its Alltel branded. I know Verizon bought out Alltel but I havent payed any attention after that was first mentioned. I was wondering if the Diamond can be *228 on a Verizon network and used without any problems or flashing??

*edit* mods can you move this to the correct forum. thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Can you use an Alltel phone on VZW network?

you can only use a alltel on verizon if you previously were a alltel customer. If you have always been a verizon customer then no it won't work. You be able to easily find a vzw diamond on ebay for that price.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks Drew. Appreciate the response.

I never been an Alltel user. I'll check Ebay to see if they are there and new
Old 06-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to General Diamond Discussion for you
Old 06-14-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

not so true anymore, vzw has been a lot less picky lately, today at work i got verizon to activate one of the $99 straight talk prepaid phones on their network. All you should have to do is dial *228 on the phone and selct option 3, enter the number u want the phone activated on, confirm your account, and it will activate. Just note that if this phone wasnt activated in a verizon conversion area you will need to put a verizon prl on it before dialing *228. to do this just download a prl and put it on your internal storage, the from the keypad dial ##775 send(if on alltel stock) if on a custom rom you will most likely dial ##775# navigate to the prl you want to load and update the items. any questions pm me ill be more than glad to help

Last edited by patheticpuma; 06-14-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Plutonium0587 is becoming a great contributor

I'm not sure if previous VZW customers can, I just know I was on Alltel and they moved my Alltel diamond over no problem. They did tell my dad that any new phone he bought to put on our Alltel plan had to be a VZW phone though because he likes to buy old Treos on ebay. I think they were doing that to push us on a VZW plan since our Alltel one is so much better.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpuma View Post
not so true anymore, vzw has been a lot less picky lately, today at work i got verizon to activate one of the $99 straight talk prepaid phones on their network. All you should have to do is dial *228 on the phone and selct option 3, enter the number u want the phone activated on, confirm your account, and it will activate. Just note that if this phone wasnt activated in a verizon conversion area you will need to put a verizon prl on it before dialing *228. to do this just download a prl and put it on your internal storage, the from the keypad dial ##775 send(if on alltel stock) if on a custom rom you will most likely dial ##775# navigate to the prl you want to load and update the items. any questions pm me ill be more than glad to help
Try this and let us know what happened

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond