PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 11:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

greeced is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rhodium Dialer - Calkulin's Kitchen

Thanks for all your help.. I've installed your EXT file for LEO and I'm still getting a garbled dialer.. I have no idea why.. guess I'm not cut out for this.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:35 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

greeced is a n00b

I remember wmdunn (Bill) telling me he had issues with Kitchen 4.2 which I'm using, so I'm reverting to 4.1 and see if that fixes this.... I'm at my wits end.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:02 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

greeced is a n00b

Well, in stages, it seems it was Calkulin's Kitchen that was the problem (v4.2)... I switched to v4.1, and the dialer is now appearing correctly... still not getting anywhere with all contacts..

Going to try the 3.0 EXT of the dialer and report back.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:29 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

greeced is a n00b

Well guys, allow me to say thank you to both of you for all your exceptional help. I've managed to get the Leo Canvas v3.0 working flawlessly. Turns out the culprit was the 4.2 Kitchen all along. 4.1 worked great though.

I've also figured out the Bluetooth icon problem, attached is a cab, when installed brings it back under the dialer.

One final question though, I'd like to install that little Bluetooth cab as an EXT, so if I convert it to such, how would I get it to install in the kitchen AFTER the dialer so the dialer won't overwrite it?
Attached Files
File Type: cab WM_Default_Dialer_Color_Bluetooth.cab (20.1 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by greeced; 04-13-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: intrepid, htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint, boost, t-mobile

lost_ is a n00b

I'm curious if there's a way to enable the "HOLD" button in the call status screen. Is it disabled on our CDMA Diamond because it was originally a GSM dialer?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeced View Post
Well guys, allow me to say thank you to both of you for all your exceptional help. I've managed to get the Leo Canvas v3.0 working flawlessly. Turns out the culprit was the 4.2 Kitchen all along. 4.1 worked great though.

I've also figured out the Bluetooth icon problem, attached is a cab, when installed brings it back under the dialer.

One final question though, I'd like to install that little Bluetooth cab as an EXT, so if I convert it to such, how would I get it to install in the kitchen AFTER the dialer so the dialer won't overwrite it?
All EXT's in this kitchen are just processed alphabetically. So, the easiest way to just add it to calkulin's kitchen is to prefix the EXT you want processed last with zzzz (ie zzzzBluetoothFix) and put it in \EXT\Shared\Packages. Glad you got it working.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:03 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

greeced is a n00b

Thanks to wmdunn (who has helped me extensively ever since I got my Diamond) and to mwalt2 who helped a long the way, I've got my ROM exactly the way I want it with the exception of the color on the talk button on the dialer, and the highlight colour on the Smart Dialer. I can live with that...

This is the first time that I had got a rhodium dialer to react the exact way it should. I even found an EXT that gives me back every single icon for bluetooth.

The ROM is nothing fancy, just one that simply works in every way. No bugs that I can see.

Thanks again guys. Without you, this phone would be no where.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeced View Post
Thanks to wmdunn (who has helped me extensively ever since I got my Diamond) and to mwalt2 who helped a long the way, I've got my ROM exactly the way I want it with the exception of the color on the talk button on the dialer, and the highlight colour on the Smart Dialer. I can live with that...

This is the first time that I had got a rhodium dialer to react the exact way it should. I even found an EXT that gives me back every single icon for bluetooth.

The ROM is nothing fancy, just one that simply works in every way. No bugs that I can see.

Thanks again guys. Without you, this phone would be no where.
Nick ... glad it's working for you. The color of the talk button, et al ... are contained in a dll, which can be edited. PM me and I'll show you how to change them to whatever color you like.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond