PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2010, 10:15 PM
JQuill's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 487
Reputation: 820
JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(CAB) AWESOME START MENU (VGA, list view instead of icons)

So I have an HD2 now, but I had a Diamond for years and loved it. Recently I posted a WVGA version of this in the HD2 forums. But RIGHT before I got rid of my Diamond I found this on buried in a link somewhere on here or XDA (I forget, I think it was in fresh to def's rom page).

This is a VGA version of the list view start menu. Screenshot is how I had it looking on my old Diamond. Scroll through the list with a finger flick just like you would with the regular start menu (it actually scrolls much smoother than the icon style start menu).

I think everybody should be using this but that's just me. Icons thrown randomly all around the screen with tiny text (especially with VGA devices) is absurd. This is a MUST for any VGA user. Pimp out...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100402144557.jpg (7.6 KB, 138 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab DH ListViewStartMenuVGA.cab (72.5 KB, 66 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by JQuill; 05-22-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2010, 10:21 PM
darren.wlsn1's Avatar
acs tester
Offline
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint
Location: pa
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 24,870
Reputation: 51190
darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: (CAB) AWESOME START MENU (VGA, list view instead of icons)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
So I have an HD2 now, but I had a Diamond for years and loved it. Recently I posted a WVGA version of this in the HD2 forums. But RIGHT before I got rid of my Diamond I found this on buried in a link somewhere on here or XDA (I forget, I think it was in fresh to def's rom page).

This is a VGA version of the list view start menu. Screenshot is how I had it looking on my old Diamond. Scroll through the list with a finger flick just like you would with the regular start menu (it actually scrolls much smoother than the icon style start menu).

I think everybody should be using this but that's just me. Icons thrown randomly all around the screen with tiny text (especially with VGA devices) is absurd. This is a MUST for any VGA user. Pimp out...


Again, I completely forget where I got this (no I will not buy you a f*cking cup of coffee whoever it was that made this)
theres a wvga one also, says dh on it so maybe dharvey made it.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2010, 10:27 PM
JQuill's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 487
Reputation: 820
JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (CAB) AWESOME START MENU (VGA, list view instead of icons)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
theres a wvga one also, says dh on it so maybe dharvey made it.

Probably...the WVGA version I use is made by a different person.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2010, 01:25 AM
horndoctor's Avatar
Suuuper Geeenius
Offline
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint
Location: St. Louis, MO.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,764
Reputation: 8384
horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Very interesting!
Thanks for posting this!
Does this work on 6.1 or just 6.5?
Looks cool!
__________________
Trombone players do it in 7 positions!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2010, 11:45 AM
JQuill's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 487
Reputation: 820
JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (CAB) AWESOME START MENU (VGA, list view instead of icons)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Very interesting!
Thanks for posting this!
Does this work on 6.1 or just 6.5?
Looks cool!
just 6.5
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com