PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jmleedy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newbieto Diamond - Info update?

Hey Guys sorry to post such a general question, but it's hard to search for this type of an answer. I just got a sprint diamond yesterday. looking through all these roms i do have a few questions.. i got pretty comfy with the touch forums here and with XDA but there's obviously a few things different with the Diamond. it seems that Sense 2.X is similar to manilla or titanium for the touch in that they are different skins for the overall product. however i get a little confusion on why there are Sense 2.5 and 2.1? whats the difference. also like in OMJ's (sample ... Sense 2.5 | 6.5 | 21887 | v1.3)

am i correct to assume that 6.5 is the win mobile, 21887 is the build of win mobile? v1.3 would be OMJ's version number?

is there anywhere online that i can see what the differences are between all of the builds? i do have a lot more questions, but i'll see what i can figure out on my own
Old 01-26-2010, 10:19 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: Newbieto Diamond - Info update?

Sense 2.5 is the latest UI from HTC. It was made for the larger WVGA screens but has been ported to fit on our VGA screens. It has alot of cool features, like integrated weather, new stock & Twitter tab, most of the tabs have improved greatly.

Sense 2.1 is similar to 2.5 but uses less memory, but has less features. I like to think of it as a cross between the old manila 2.x & Sense 2.5.

as far as the SYS...

WM 6.1 - the stock SYS

WM 6.5 - just recently officially released

WM 6.5.3 - leaked TEST SYS

21887, 28014 etc are the builds of those SYS'. There's really no place that will tell u the differences, but you will sometimes find new features posted with a new build.

btw....wrong forum
Old 01-26-2010, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

dreamer3kx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SIZE=6

am i correct to assume that 6.5 is the win mobile, 21887 is the build of win mobile? v1.3 would be OMJ's version number?
[/SIZE]
Yes, correct.

The 21 builds are the official wm builds, the 28 builds are the more finger friendly beta versions and yes 1.3 etc.. are OMJ's versions, something like that.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:13 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Diamond forum.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond