PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Totally new to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by myqj View Post
What do you mean by "it'll be hard to keep a ROM going with a new phone"?
I think Mr. O means that you'll be switching ROMs all the time. It's pretty addicting, especially when we get to periods where new stuff is getting leaked.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

myqj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I see...
So here's another question, Pim backup or simply syncing with Outlook? No difference or is one better?
Old 01-18-2010, 01:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
I see...
So here's another question, Pim backup or simply syncing with Outlook? No difference or is one better?
I have never had any trouble with PIMBackup; highly recommended. There is also MS MyPhone which you may want to consider.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
I see...

Here's a list of the most popular choices:

1. Microsoft MyPhone - Simple and free install. Easy to use and allows for docs and sms to be synced along with contacts. Occassional has some downtime. Reuqires a Windows Live ID (which is no big deal to set up).
2. Outlook - Sometimes harder to setup, especially if you have a corporate exchange server to worry about. Requires a USB connection which is less desirable than, say, synching to the cloud.
3. Google Synch - Maybe the best up and coming option. Easy to set up right on your phone via ActiveSync. Integrates with Google, which will allow for future use if you decide to move to BB or Android.
4. PIM Backup - Requires installation. Some ROM's come pre-loaded with it. Requires no data connection or USB connection and allows user to customize what files/folders/information when backing up.

I personally use a combination of SPB Backup, which I didn't mention since it's not free, Google Sync, and MyPhone. Depending on what I am doing and where I am at when I am doing it, I use one or more of the aforementioned.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions about any of the methods.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond