View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 03:21 PM
basilray
Halfway to VIP Status

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Totally new to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by myqj View Post
I see...
So here's another question, Pim backup or simply syncing with Outlook? No difference or is one better?

Here's a list of the most popular choices:

1. Microsoft MyPhone - Simple and free install. Easy to use and allows for docs and sms to be synced along with contacts. Occassional has some downtime. Reuqires a Windows Live ID (which is no big deal to set up).
2. Outlook - Sometimes harder to setup, especially if you have a corporate exchange server to worry about. Requires a USB connection which is less desirable than, say, synching to the cloud.
3. Google Synch - Maybe the best up and coming option. Easy to set up right on your phone via ActiveSync. Integrates with Google, which will allow for future use if you decide to move to BB or Android.
4. PIM Backup - Requires installation. Some ROM's come pre-loaded with it. Requires no data connection or USB connection and allows user to customize what files/folders/information when backing up.

I personally use a combination of SPB Backup, which I didn't mention since it's not free, Google Sync, and MyPhone. Depending on what I am doing and where I am at when I am doing it, I use one or more of the aforementioned.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions about any of the methods.
This post has been thanked 1 times.