PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: xt garmin ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
OK so why does everyone forget the most important thing about Garmin, you can go offroad whereas IGO and TomTom kinda shows you where you are in connection to the closest road available.

Not sure if Google does offroad so can't comment on that one.

guess most people don't off road that much, but that's a good point.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

AHHH but they do, not necessarily with their cars but Hiking, rock climbing....it's all the same, you're off the beating track and if you wonder around long enough you can definetely get lost (am I the only one who came across some USELESS trail sings that just had you walking in circles)

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
AHHH but they do, not necessarily with their cars but Hiking, rock climbing....it's all the same, you're off the beating track and if you wonder around long enough you can definetely get lost (am I the only one who came across some USELESS trail sings that just had you walking in circles)

well I don't personally know anyone who hikes or rock climbs (anything outside of the rock gym place, that place is kinda cool) so I just assumed most people didn't go hiking and stuff,

but I know some people who go hunting/fishing, of course any decent boat has its own GPS
Old 12-17-2009, 12:59 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Or if you go off to say a parking lot it shows that.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Or if you go off to say a parking lot it shows that.
yeah but if you're using google maps and you're in a parking lot I don't think you need a GPS to tell you that.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: boost

georgepa is becoming a great contributor

I loaded Garmin XT on my Diamond, but hardly ever use it. The reason is that I am with Boost CDMA, which is an offshoot of Sprint, and can therefore use Sprint Navigation for free. The biggie there is that Sprint Navigation gives turn by turn WITH STREET NAME. Garmin does not. Sometimes turnoffs can be confusing because two roads veer to the right or left, so when the spoken instruction gives you the actual street name instead of just "turn right in 200 feet" that can be a time saver. Sprint Navigation is actually the Telenav application, rebranded as a Sprint app.

Not sure about some of the other solutions out there, but Telenav checks current traffic reports and reroutes if necessary (in the event of an accident blocking lanes, for example,) which has been helpful to me already a few times.

As for Google Maps, that is not really a turn-by-turn for our Diamonds, right? I don't see where that can compare. Now, AmazeGPS does compare, as it is a free turn-by-turn app, but I find it inferior to both Garmin XT and Sprint Navigation (Telenav.)
Old 12-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepa View Post
I loaded Garmin XT on my Diamond, but hardly ever use it. The reason is that I am with Boost CDMA, which is an offshoot of Sprint, and can therefore use Sprint Navigation for free. The biggie there is that Sprint Navigation gives turn by turn WITH STREET NAME. Garmin does not. Sometimes turnoffs can be confusing because two roads veer to the right or left, so when the spoken instruction gives you the actual street name instead of just "turn right in 200 feet" that can be a time saver. Sprint Navigation is actually the Telenav application, rebranded as a Sprint app.

Not sure about some of the other solutions out there, but Telenav checks current traffic reports and reroutes if necessary (in the event of an accident blocking lanes, for example,) which has been helpful to me already a few times.

As for Google Maps, that is not really a turn-by-turn for our Diamonds, right? I don't see where that can compare. Now, AmazeGPS does compare, as it is a free turn-by-turn app, but I find it inferior to both Garmin XT and Sprint Navigation (Telenav.)
how do u get sprint nav for free just cuz ur on boost mobile when if I am on sprint and want to use it its $10 a month?
Old 12-17-2009, 03:47 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Here we go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
yeah but if you're using google maps and you're in a parking lot I don't think you need a GPS to tell you that.
I didn't say you would need it I just said it is there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepa View Post

Quote:
how do u get sprint nav for free just cuz ur on boost mobile when if I am on sprint and want to use it its $10 a month?
Apparently Boost offers it for free and I think if you get an unlimited data plan you get Sprint nav. with it too.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Here we go.

I didn't say you would need it I just said it is there.

Apparently Boost offers it for free and I think if you get an unlimited data plan you get Sprint nav. with it too.

kinda funny to picture some dude sittin in his car goin "damn where am I? lets check out the GPS. holy salmon! I'm in a parking lot" would be a good sprint commercial.

how the crud does boost give a sprint app for free but sprint charges $10 a month for the same app? or did you mean they both offer it for free with a data package, because on the sprint site it doesnt say anything about data or no data, it says $10 a month.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:00 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
kinda funny to picture some dude sittin in his car goin "damn where am I? lets check out the GPS. holy salmon! I'm in a parking lot" would be a good sprint commercial.

how the crud does boost give a sprint app for free but sprint charges $10 a month for the same app? or did you mean they both offer it for free with a data package, because on the sprint site it doesnt say anything about data or no data, it says $10 a month.
Yeah if you have unlimited data, its free. I didnt like it graphically though. It wasnt very pretty. Lol.

Damn, im stuck in my works parking lot, will one of you guys with Garmin help me get out, my stupid tomtom wont help me.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond