PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Desire
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

bobbenedetti is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Only one kind of Desire

I notice you have created a CDMA and GSM forum for the HTC Desire. To the best of my knowledge there is only one type of Desire designed to work on HSPA, HSPA+ and GSM networks.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Only one kind of Desire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbenedetti View Post
I notice you have created a CDMA and GSM forum for the HTC Desire. To the best of my knowledge there is only one type of Desire designed to work on HSPA, HSPA+ and GSM networks.
Verizon is set to release the CDMA version of the desire some time soon. Their is already leaked roms as far as i know.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: US Cellular

dave0812 is just getting started

US Cellular will release desire on the 27th. CDMA
Old 08-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sony
Carrier: vodaphone

jefcully is a n00b
Smile Re: Only one kind of Desire

I'm Not sure if it will release at 27th.I guess In the middle of next month, I am planning to buy one for myself, I like this phone,fulling my all requirement.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

slochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave0812 View Post
US Cellular will release desire on the 27th. CDMA
Confirmed

(and the Samsung Galaxy S will be released with Android 2.2, but no date given yet)

Last edited by slochild; 08-17-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-18-2010, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6875US Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by slochild View Post
Confirmed

(and the Samsung Galaxy S will be released with Android 2.2, but no date given yet)

(NONE OF THIS IS SET IN STONE AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE)(covering my ass)

the desire is confirmed for the 27th. in stores on the 25th. word to the wise. only 20k will ship for the first push. then another 15k will ship the first week of september, then another 45k at the end of september. US Cellular is expecting backorder from the 13th through the 30th of september. GO TO YOUR LOCAL US CELLULAR STORE AND ASK THEM TO HOLD ONE FOR YOU. give them your name and phone number and tell them to put you on a list. otherwise you will likely be waiting until early october. i already have a wait list of 15 people at my store.

Im only allowed to get 10 at each of my stores. until the backorder is lifted, then i can order as many as i want. galaxy is SChEDULED for october (looking good supposedly) but WILL NOT ship with 2.2. it will be getting the 2.2 update within 30 days of launch as long as things go according to plan and it tests out okay.

Current Rom: MR.X 2.5 21903 + CHT 1.8.5

Last edited by skuddy; 08-18-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: disclaimer
Old 08-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

the desire is not going to vzw is it?
really doubt it considering they have the Incredible.

looks like the cdma desire is going to be a collectors item indeed. i think i want one lol.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
Verizon is set to release the CDMA version of the desire some time soon. Their is already leaked roms as far as i know.
no they arent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
the desire is not going to vzw is it?
really doubt it considering they have the Incredible.

looks like the cdma desire is going to be a collectors item indeed. i think i want one lol.
exactly. the incredible is the exact same hardware as the desire just in a differnt case and with capacitive buttons. verizon's incredible is thier desire. as saiid about the only cdma desire as of right now will be on us cellular
Old 09-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Currently Looking For Replacement

MysticThunder is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to MysticThunder

Pretty sure US Cellular only runs CDMA phones- they released the Desire [which Im dying to find] on Aug 27th for purchase and it blew up their stores; at least in WI.

I've been to three different local locations- they were packed full of people, and everyone was asking about the new phone- biggest trouble seems to be the price.

Anyway; Not sure that vzw will end up with custody, as far as my USCC reps have said, they want to keep it to only a select few carriers.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

psydence is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticThunder View Post
Pretty sure US Cellular only runs CDMA phones- they released the Desire [which Im dying to find] on Aug 27th for purchase and it blew up their stores; at least in WI.

I've been to three different local locations- they were packed full of people, and everyone was asking about the new phone- biggest trouble seems to be the price.

Anyway; Not sure that vzw will end up with custody, as far as my USCC reps have said, they want to keep it to only a select few carriers.
haha no way your from wi. I'm from waukesha. I was able to get a desire .

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Desire