PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Atlas
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 09:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC MyTouch 3G Slide
Carrier: T-Mobile

ilyabyk83 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to ilyabyk83 Send a message via AIM to ilyabyk83 Send a message via MSN to ilyabyk83 Send a message via Yahoo to ilyabyk83 Send a message via Skype™ to ilyabyk83
Question Replace My Keys On HTC P4351

Hi people. I need help. I need detailed instructions how to replace my keys on HTC P4351. I ordered the new key-press and I bought the tool to unscrew the little screws. I unscrewed it and screwed it back together. I got afraid of doing the rest. My right "OK" key fell off. Now I need to know how to install the new one. I have everything (almost) to do this (I just don't have the replacement key-press yet, its in the mail to my house). Your help is much apprecieted. Thank You People For Your Help

Last edited by ilyabyk83; 07-04-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ilyabyk83 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to ilyabyk83 Send a message via AIM to ilyabyk83 Send a message via MSN to ilyabyk83 Send a message via Yahoo to ilyabyk83 Send a message via Skype™ to ilyabyk83
Question Re: Replace My Keys On HTC P4351

Anybody??

Last edited by ilyabyk83; 07-04-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Metro PCS

wagonis is a n00b
Re: Replace My Keys On HTC P4351

If you can wait a day or so, I can take mine apart and take pictures and detail it for you. Hit me up with a PM and let me know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:30 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ilyabyk83 is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Replace My Keys On HTC P4351

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonis View Post
If you can wait a day or so, I can take mine apart and take pictures and detail it for you. Hit me up with a PM and let me know.
This what is going on, I ordered new keys from eBay. The seller is in Hong Kong, so the shipping is going to take some time. Then, I found a shop around me who does this sort of thing. I hope they will install it, if they won't, then I can ask you for the further help. Cool??
THANK YOU!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Lurker

wagonis is a n00b

Dude, they'll charge you all sorts of money for something you can EASILY do yourself...trust me, I've cracked open the T-Mobile Wing, Sprint Mogul, Verizon xv6700, AT&T 8925 and 8525 and they are all easy enough to do if you don't mind taking your time. I'm telling you, whatever the shop will charge you will be too much...trust me.

If you want, I can take pics and post a step-by-step for you to follow, just let me know if you are going to attempt it so I don't do this for nothing.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ilyabyk83 is a n00b

Quote:
Dude, they'll charge you all sorts of money for something you can EASILY do yourself...trust me, I've cracked open the T-Mobile Wing, Sprint Mogul, Verizon xv6700, AT&T 8925 and 8525 and they are all easy enough to do if you don't mind taking your time. I'm telling you, whatever the shop will charge you will be too much...trust me.

If you want, I can take pics and post a step-by-step for you to follow, just let me know if you are going to attempt it so I don't do this for nothing.
Hey. You think I should try this myself??

Even if I was going to take it to that shop, I just found out that they don't mess with kind of a phone. I don't want to do this myself; I have "Ataxia" in my right hand, and I'm a righty.
Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataxia

So I'm a little afraid of doing it myself. If I would want to take to a professional, how do I find one local to me???
Thank You
Old 07-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Lurker

wagonis is a n00b

I gotcha, I can understand why you'd hesitate on doing this yourself in that case. I never really searched for a local shop to do work like that, always done all the work myself on anything from HTC to BlackBerry, so I wouldn't really know how to go about finding a shop.

If I was closer I'd offer to do it for you, but I saw on Facebook that you're way up in PA and I'm in FL, kind of a long drive. I'd say ship it to me and I'll do it for you, but it's tough to trust a total stranger these days.

I can only suggest posting a message on the wanted section of craigslist and seeing if someone will contact you to do the work, worse case is you wont get a call back.

I did find a video on youtube on how to take one apart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN6cKRM2F1M
Old 07-10-2009, 07:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ilyabyk83 is a n00b

Quote:
I gotcha, I can understand why you'd hesitate on doing this yourself in that case. I never really searched for a local shop to do work like that, always done all the work myself on anything from HTC to BlackBerry, so I wouldn't really know how to go about finding a shop.

If I was closer I'd offer to do it for you, but I saw on Facebook that you're way up in PA and I'm in FL, kind of a long drive. I'd say ship it to me and I'll do it for you, but it's tough to trust a total stranger these days.

I can only suggest posting a message on the wanted section of craigslist and seeing if someone will contact you to do the work, worse case is you wont get a call back.

I did find a video on youtube on how to take one apart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN6cKRM2F1M
I found a shop. I Google searched and found one. Thank You for offering me your help. I think this is SOLVED.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Lurker

wagonis is a n00b

No problem man, glad you got it figured out though. What are they charging?
Old 07-10-2009, 08:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ilyabyk83 is a n00b

Quote:
No problem man, glad you got it figured out though. What are they charging?
I bought the keys on eBay for $9 + $4 shipping. And I found a shop who will do this for $20-$30 for me. Thank You!!!
I consider this solved!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Atlas