PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001
Crap. Anyone have a extra Hinge Part??

SO I just... Just dropped my damn phone as I took it out of my pocket. Of course it landed directly on its side I believe directly on the hinge that moves when you slide the screen out. Well it snapped the hinge in 2 (alonge the back side) and now its 2 separate parts and it is quite annoying. I may just remove the hinge since I don't believe it is essential to function, but if I could find a dang replacement somewhere that would be great.

The rest of the phone has been fantastic and I really don't want to replace this thing. Since The damn sprint techs at the local service senter says it has water damage, I cannot ask them to repair it. :/ I may see if they have any parts though.

Phone History with Sprint: Samsung N400 (Lockup King) - Toshiba VM4050 (Great Screen. No BT) - PPC6700 (Squishy Touchscreen) - Mogul (USB Port No More) - Touch Pro (Davy Jones Locker) - Touch Pro 2 (Oldie But Goodie) - HTC Arrive (I<3WP) : History of Pocket PC's: Dell Axim X50V WM6.5.3 (Still the best VGA PDA gaming and multimedia device since 2004)
Old 11-18-2011, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work
Re: Crap. Anyone have a extra Hinge Part??

Good luck, I looked for the body/chassis online to no avail.

---6700-->Mogul-->TP--->TP2--->Arrive
Old 11-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
If you have all the parts. I recommend a dab of cyanoacrylate epoxy. Its less less than 5 bucks at a hardware store and that stuff instantly bonds plastic to one another

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
Old 11-27-2011, 06:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

the water damage may not be that big of a problem for a simple repair :S

I've dropped my phone in snow before and it was outside of warranty and they managed to fix it without giving me much hassle over the water indicators

But if you are worried about the indicators, i heard putting a little bleach on them will clear it back up (can't testify to this, never tried it... but hey it's just bleach on a cotton swab lol, how much harm is it to try?)
Old 11-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I had the same happen to mine a couple months ago... I was able to just finish the job and snap the hing piece off entirely. I tried taking it apart to do it right, but found it far too cumbersome and didn't want to make things worse.

Your alternative, of course, is add insurance to your plan and wait a few days and have them swap it out that way.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Hmm I've dropped my arrive quite a few times (with a recent flip out of my jacket pocket and onto a wal mart parking lot with battery out and everything) and the hinge and entire phone for that matter is still unscaved.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

I have the same problem with the hinge cover. It's cracked but the split is so narrow that it seems impossible to easily glue the 2 parts together again.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Threadstarter

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001

Bah the small part that was floppy (it is connected in the middle to the longer piece so that remains solid) I just removed it and all is well. Doesn't look as pretty but the phone still works 100% fine for the rough life I apparently have given it. Just was one of those clumsy months for me as I have not dropped the phone since. :/

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro