PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 01:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: sprint

mellymelly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Shld i blame win7 or the arrive itself. SMH

All of a sudden my external speaker sounds blown. I cant create songtones, my headphone/mic buds dont work. Texting is useless when tryn to edit a single letter in a word unless u use the arrow on the kb. Also there is no mass delete for txt and no automatic text split bc of the 160 alpha limit.Apps dont stay open if an incoming call is answered. To take a pic with the phone upright u need both hands to push the snap button. i cant put songs from my external hd onto my phone from zune unless i put them on my computer hd first. i have to type in my password every second to unlock my screen. With all the issues m$ wont release several updates but make us wait months for one massive update is bad business. SMMFH
Old 08-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Shld i blame win7 or the arrive itself. SMH

lets break this apart shall we

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellymelly View Post
All of a sudden my external speaker sounds blown. its possible that the speaker may be blown and that can be replaced by calling sprint

I cant create songtones,
fixed in mango and u can download and install the mango beta right here on the forums.
my headphone/mic buds dont work.
does a different set work? may want to consider an exchange

Texting is useless when tryn to edit a single letter in a word unless u use the arrow on the kb.
tapping the whole word will correct it to the one u was trying to spell. at least in mango it does, also try typing at a slow and steady pace u can actually enter text more accurately and carefully

Also there is no mass delete for txt
use the pull up menu to select delete conversation, wp7 has really no need to delete texts as there's no lag

and no automatic text split bc of the 160 alpha limit.
this is a sprint firmware issue and it'll be fixed when mango is about to be released, the message can get out faster if u send and then keep typing after, in the mango beta I use mostly Facebook chat which doesn't have that limit
Apps dont stay open if an incoming call is answered. To take a pic with the phone upright u need both hands to push the snap button.
these 2 are resolved in mango, the first more has to do with how the app is coded,and mango beta has an option to take the picture by tapping the screen

i cant put songs from my external hd onto my phone from zune unless i put them on my computer hd first.
this one can be fixed by telling Zune to look for the folders on the other hard drive in folder options

i have to type in my password every second to unlock my screen.
I didn't have to do this before or after the beta update this can be fixed by going to settings, lock + wallpaper then set the screen timeout interval and turn the password setting off
With all the issues m$ wont release several updates but make us wait months for one massive update is bad business. SMMFH
there's tons of android phones out there (continuum for example) that's just now getting an update to froyo and gingerbread is out. MS will push the mango update out to all existing wp7 phones within a month at the most.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

As for the topic about placing blame, you were the one who decided to spend your money on a wp7 device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellymelly View Post
i cant put songs from my external hd onto my phone from zune unless i put them on my computer hd first. SMMFH
Either do what eric said or you can edit your registry to make certain folders of your phone show up if zune is closed. That way you can copy and paste the music directly from your external drive directly to your phone.

Use your Windows Phone 7 device as a portable USB drive | MobileTechWorld

as for acronyms RB4B&B

Last edited by esqueue; 08-06-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
there's tons of android phones out there (continuum for example) that's just now getting an update to froyo and gingerbread is out. MS will push the mango update out to all existing wp7 phones within a month at the most.
Indeed... it seems to take carriers months (if at all) to release updated Android versions.

Not to mention that even when the updates are released, there's no guarantee that things will improve. Consider the EVO, for example, in which the Gingerbread update breaks voicemail/email notifications (the icon gets stuck showing new messages when there are no new messages), it breaks the ability to record speech-to-text messages, and it also reduces the usefulness of SWYPE.

If I'm going to wait months for an update to come, that's fine... but it had better bring GOOD improvements, not break the features I use most.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

jaeskill is becoming a great contributor

Did somebody really complain that a PHONE drops its secondary processes (apps) to complete its primary function... which is to make and receive calls?
WOW
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mithodge is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; HTC; T7575))

You can position the cursor in the middle of a word by tapping and holding the text box. A floating cursor should pop up that lets you move it letter by letter. I wish it didn't scroll vertically though... This has been annoying for me. Anyone else?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithodge View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; HTC; T7575))

You can position the cursor in the middle of a word by tapping and holding the text box. A floating cursor should pop up that lets you move it letter by letter. I wish it didn't scroll vertically though... This has been annoying for me. Anyone else?
oh wow I didn't even know of that one but yea it scrolls anywhere I move it.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:50 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:

whole post was very helpful eric, well done sir. (btw epic still no gb)
Old 09-14-2011, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001

The blown speaker issue got mine just outside of a month of ownership. Took it in and they replaced it in about an hr. Turns out the speaker is the same as the EVO ones so parts are available aplenty (as are the batteries and other tidbits.) Really I may just fixt it myself down the line if it happens again.

Being on the Mango Beta + The Arrive has been a smooth dream. Sure there are a few things I miss like Tethering (which is coming) but besides that, the phone is just so damn easy to live with day to day.

Phone History with Sprint: Samsung N400 (Lockup King) - Toshiba VM4050 (Great Screen. No BT) - PPC6700 (Squishy Touchscreen) - Mogul (USB Port No More) - Touch Pro (Davy Jones Locker) - Touch Pro 2 (Oldie But Goodie) - HTC Arrive (I<3WP) : History of Pocket PC's: Dell Axim X50V WM6.5.3 (Still the best VGA PDA gaming and multimedia device since 2004)
Old 09-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Question Re: Shld i blame win7 or the arrive itself. SMH

Quote:

Has "official" Mango been released yet?

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro