PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

APCI is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery life

I looked but didn't see a topic on this. Sorry if I missed it.

I pull mine off the charger around 6:30am and it's usually just about dead by 5pm. At first I played with it a lot trying to get used to it but now I just use it moderately and it seems as though the battery life is the same.

what kind of battery life are you all getting on it? I saw a few reviews online that said it had excellent battery life and last all day with heavy use. Mine won't last 5 hrs with heavy use
Old 03-27-2011, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

InsomniacJedi is keeping up the good workInsomniacJedi is keeping up the good work
Re: Battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by APCI View Post
I looked but didn't see a topic on this. Sorry if I missed it.

I pull mine off the charger around 6:30am and it's usually just about dead by 5pm. At first I played with it a lot trying to get used to it but now I just use it moderately and it seems as though the battery life is the same.

what kind of battery life are you all getting on it? I saw a few reviews online that said it had excellent battery life and last all day with heavy use. Mine won't last 5 hrs with heavy use
I've been really surprised by the battery life. My TP2 was awful, so I was hesitant about how well this would work.

But I can say confidently that I can get a full 24 hours out of mine. That's with texting, GPS, using the FM Radio, as well as e-mails and internet browsing. The only real thing that kills my battery is when I play the XBOXLive games such as ilomilo.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 / 6900 / TP2

badb4c is keeping up the good workbadb4c is keeping up the good work

I take it off about 6am and I don't get the pop up warning its about to die until about 11pm or so. That with listening to zune for 7 or so hours at work, texting, and playing impossible shoota for like 10 minutes.

My weather and email sync once an hour.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

Battery life is excellent on my end. I went about two days the other day with moderate usage. I'm extremely happy with battery life. This is with a fresh out the package Evo battery, when conditioned via three full life cycle. Life cycle=fully++ discarded and fully charged.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Mine too, haven't done one battery saving tip. have plenty left lieft at the end of the day. Don't play games but watch netflix for an hour each day at lunch.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: uh oh, i think i just ARRIVED

ncsportic is keeping up the good workncsportic is keeping up the good workncsportic is keeping up the good work

I have excellent battery life with moderate use. However, for some reason when I have a texting conversation going on..I pretty much watch my battery bar drop as often as I send a new message.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

APCI is a n00b

Sounds like all of you have pretty good battery life. Maybe I just got a bad battery? Should I see if Sprint will replace it?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by APCI View Post
Sounds like all of you have pretty good battery life. Maybe I just got a bad battery? Should I see if Sprint will replace it?
if possible factory reset and have a sprint corp store order a new battery. try an htc evo battery, there no official benefits.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: uh oh, i think i just ARRIVED

ncsportic is keeping up the good workncsportic is keeping up the good workncsportic is keeping up the good work

Actually I take what I said earlier back, i'm not too sure what to think of my battery life so far. I've had a few good days but mostly bad. Today for instance is bad because I'm sitting at around 50% and I really haven't done much but demo the phone to a few people. I'm thinking it's gotta be bad service in my area? It's typically 1-2 bars where I live. Sometimes I can feel my phone getting warm in pocket (no it's not something else, i already checked!) for no reason. I updated PRL. I soft reset regularly because I'm paranoid about apps being open in the background and draining my battery. I see no difference in battery life between my tp2 battery and arrive battery. I performed a hard reset a few days ago. How is your service where you live?
Old 03-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

APCI is a n00b

I didn't think about service. My service sucks in my neighborhood but is great at work, which is where the majority of my time is spent. I took my phone off the charger today around 8:30am and I really haven't done much with it today and its at 50% now (2:15pm)

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro