PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 03:06 PM
cya
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700, Excalibur, TP
Carrier: Verizon, TMobile

cya is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Calling Today Item showing on screen

Just an FYI ... at last this Today Item is showing and is functional on the Apache. I've quit using my xv6700 as an everyday / everything phone but have occasionally made VoIP calls while connected to wifi using Gizmo for free calls to Europe. Last night I decided to fool around and cook a new ROM and check out the the newer options available ... including the Dual Touch dialer with video options. Nice dialer but really made no change in the operation of my VoIP until I decided to check out several available skins I found over on xda-developers. After 3 or 4 different skins I ran Nadavi_WM6.1_BLACK_VF_Dialer_for_Kaiser.cab and the magic happened. This cab added the missing components that enable it to not only show on the screen but also made access to the missing tabs for setup selections in the dialer available. As a side note I'm also using EnableWLANGMode.cab (enables wireless G) with substantial increase in transfer speed as verified by testing on dslreports mspeed .... very nice when using VoIP or Opera 9.5 Build 15316. The ROM I cooked is WM6.1 20931 based and works exceptionally well. Thanks to all the skilled ppcgeeks and xda-developers members that have continued to develop our WM devices. Attached a few screen shots below. cya
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1_wifi_off.jpg (9.1 KB, 67 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 2_selected.jpg (9.1 KB, 65 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 3_options_1.jpg (8.8 KB, 57 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 4_options_2.jpg (9.3 KB, 52 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 5_comm_mgr.jpg (13.0 KB, 60 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Internet Calling Today Item showing on screen

Its nice to have VoIP but I just dont have a use for it yet.

Last edited by weedahoe; 01-19-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: UTStarcom 6700 (Apache)
Carrier: Telus

beefviper is just getting started

Nice.

I spent hours testing different systems and different packages, but the VoIP stuff would never show up. I installed this cab, and everything was there.

But it makes no sense to me, why installing a random dialer, for a different phone would allow everything to work. (Only error I can see is, the keys don't have any numbers on them.)

I tried uninstalling the dialer, just to see if whatever change it made would stick, but it didn't. So this dialer is obviously setting some right.

It'd be interesting to see what setting it fixes, it's probably something simple in the registry. Or better, figure out why the custom ROMs I've been building seem to be missing the VoIP stuff, even though the files are there.

I've seen a few dozen other people complaining about missing VoIP settings, even though they had it installed.

Atleast with this dialer I was able to verify the VoIP stuff can work.

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:23 PM
cya
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sounds like you have been through a similar process when it comes to VoIP. I did research the cab file and found additional reg entries that activate the missing tabs in settings/phone but they alone do not fix the problem. I haven't spent any time on this but I suspect the real fix in in one of the dll files. I was just happy to see that it was possible to get the today item to show up! I doubt I'll get motivated to hunt it down.

cya
BTW .... the dialer cab was intended for a GSM phone and the missing numbers is so strange, the first time I installed everything including numbers was perfect but I've flashed a few new ROMs and there must be a conflict because it's been hit or miss .... numbers OK on some and missing on others.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: UTStarcom 6700 (Apache)
Carrier: Telus

beefviper is just getting started

Finally figured out enough stuff so I could poke around some more.

The only setting I had to change after installing one of the VoIP cabs I had was one flag in one registry setting.

According to MSDN the default setting for "Features" under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone for a CDMA phone is 2B820, and that GSM cab you had was setting 206C7D8.

After combining the flags, and take away flags one by one, it seems the only flag that really matters is SHDFL_PHONE_LOCKFACILITY. (Doesn't really make sense to me, but it worked. I was expecting one of the other flags.)

That makes the setting 2B828 (instead 2B820)

MSDN: Configuring CDMA and GSM Radios Default Phone Features
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:21 AM
cya
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

beefviper,

Thanks for following up with your great research. I uninstalled the GSM dialer and set the reg as you provided and all tabs in phone settings and the Internet Calling Today item all function as designed. I say you solved a problem that many have researched, nicely done!

cya
Old 07-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

edison is a n00b

Thanks, beefviper. I think your registry hack fixed my problem, too. I now have Internet Calling available on my Today screen and the Internet tab under phone options. I've yet to successfully connect to my asterisk, but I'll keep playing and report back.

Last edited by edison; 07-04-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: UT Starcom 6700, Palm Treo Pro

Paul Adams is a n00b

THANK YOU beefviper - that registry setting got my Apache working with SIP & now it 'plays nicely' with my Asterisk server.

I've got a CDMA Apache (Telus - UTStarcom 6700) & I've got the dreaded 'sound only comes out the back speaker & it's very quiet' issue. I tried loading audioroute but it had no effect.

I searched the forums but could not find the answer.

If someone knows how to fix this issue - or knows a ROM containing the fix - I would be grateful.

Paul

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache