PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2007, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2 w/ Android
Carrier: Sprint

dem0n2001 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Abacus MobileWear...BlueTooth Profiles/Services?

Hello
First let me say long time lurker.. Love everything everybody does to make my Phone better.. Now to the issue im having..

My wife bought me a abacus mobile wear watch for my bday... basically its a nice chrome watch that has bluetooth and whats suppose to happen is when your phone rings(or you get a text message)in your pocket its suppose to send caller id info to the watch so you dont have to pull out your phone if you do not want to.. Now after reading the manuel it says it will only work with certain sony ericssons phones.. (of course my wife doesnt know the difference between a sony and htc,and she has seen all the neat things my 6700 does)

well i was able to get it to pair with my 6700 but it says it has no services to offer.. the watch shows that its paired too.. so with no services showing up the phone is not sending the info to the watch... i have tried the wincom stack and the only thing i got from that is that the watch seems to use serial port 9.. but of course the wincom stack killed the rest of my phone(evdo and such) so i got rid of it(hard reset yuck).. i have a bluetooth gps and with that it will add an outgoing port so i tried to do that but it would only let me select the gps not the watch.. so at this point im a little lost on ideas.. i would welcome any ideas.. i really do not want to have to return her present.. Thanks in advance..
Old 04-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Well you need to figure out what profiles the watch has to see if your phone also has those profiles.

You might also try the software Jetware Hands-free extension. It's meant to add additional features to headsets/car kits but might apply here as well.

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/
Old 04-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Lurker

chrisoaf is a n00b
I can't find any specific information about profiles. My guess is SE has some proprietary profiles in their bluetooth. After all, it is Sony.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Retired Staff

Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
I found this from a google search:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=285542

Not looking good.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok so i got to work today and was able to pair my watch up with my bosses w800.. during the process it said no services found.. after pairing i went into profile and looked and it showed no services found.. i placed a test call to his phone and it sent the caller id and time info to the watch like a champ.. connected back to my cell and got nada.. also says may work with symbian os 7,8,and 8.1 shortly..
Old 05-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Retired Staff

Did you try the Jetware software? Worth a shot before you give up.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

opps sorry .. yea i did try it didnt really do anything that i can tell .. unless i missed something
Old 05-01-2007, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ive been looking for what ports are assign to what in win5.. reason being when i had it connected with the wincom stack i think it was using serial port9.. i wanted to go into the registry and see if i could make a change... also luv im not sure if it was you or sheurka(i hope i didnt butcher the name) but i remember one of you posting a program on pdaphone fourms that lets you help with the bluetooth sharing ,like with gps and all.. do know what that was..
Old 05-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Retired Staff

Probably sheureka and it was probably GPSGate. I don't really see how that applies to this problem though.

I have not seen any report on the web of this working on a non-SE phone so my hunch is that they have some proprietary/non-standard BT profile that enables that watch.

It sucks because BT is supposed to be a standard... but such is life.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks .. it was something that was in my head as a side note.. lol but your right i dont see why if its bluetooth why it would not work..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache