PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2007, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

cakek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anybody come up with an Activesync hack??

I have the famous Activesync constantly popping up throughout the day, and I think it is putting a drain on my battery. I have read the posts that say to configure Activesync with an additional server and then you have access to “schedule”. Which you can then set it to sync “manually”. I have done that and it still keeps popping up. I have Colonel’s 3.3 ROM installed (which I’m loving!). I can‘t find any info or fixes to this problem. Anyone know of any??
Old 03-13-2007, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n900
Carrier: tmobile

konceptz is a n00b
I think i remember that you can create a fake one, and use it. It won't connect or you can set it on manual.

I forgot which.

I would try creating a fake server and going from there. Sorry I forgot the fix also.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Threadstarter

cakek is a n00b
Thanks! Already tried that one. I thought maybe someone would have a registry hack to fix this.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Yeah, that doesn't seem to work now, what worked for me was to disable network time sync in phone-menu-options-services-time syncronization.

For me (on sardinours latest), if I click update now, activesync immediatly runs too, so I have disabled it, and no more active sync!

I would love to re-enable network time sync, if anyone knows a way of stopping activestink from starting because of it...

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 03-13-2007, 08:08 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
In my ROM (built from HELMI_Apache_3.5_KITCHEN_PPC-GEEKS_r1.2-pre2.rar), time sync starts ActiveSync on my phone also. Don't recall if that's the case with prior ROM's or AKU's.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
the hit on the battery is actually very minimal and can pretty much be ignored. the phone will only connect when its not in standby anyways. aku3.x resolved the funky issue where activesync would actually PULL your phone out of standby, connect, and then put itself back in standby. If you have a task manager, just put activesync on the ignore list.

I understand you hate seeing it popup and "turn on" without asking you, and making a vision connection activates your EVDO chip, thankfully that chip is shut off when the phone is in standby, and activesync sleeps properly now.

uh... that got kinda wordy ... sorry.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Not to argue w/ the "Mario Master", but...

I disagree, I only access the net through wifi, and only sync through ActiveStink (well, and Yahoo Go). When my A/S icon is on all day it eats up my battery pretty well. I'm not sure why, perhaps because it wants to sync and there's nothing to connect to?

I suppose, now that I am thinking about it, the network time sync option may have caused that in itself.

How about a way to network time sync on a leaner schedule, that would solve both issues! And I can say, it's not like the 6700 can't stay pretty close to true time - I tend to go in every couple days and do it manually - the time never changes from that so it can't be too bad of a clock.

Regardless it has made the difference (in sardinours 4 & 5 roms anyway) between having enough juice for the day, and not. I also was having some lockups when waking the device, as well it would wake up on it's own more often. Sure it would go back to sleep, but a few minutes here and there add up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
the hit on the battery is actually very minimal and can pretty much be ignored. the phone will only connect when its not in standby anyways. aku3.x resolved the funky issue where activesync would actually PULL your phone out of standby, connect, and then put itself back in standby. If you have a task manager, just put activesync on the ignore list.

I understand you hate seeing it popup and "turn on" without asking you, and making a vision connection activates your EVDO chip, thankfully that chip is shut off when the phone is in standby, and activesync sleeps properly now.

uh... that got kinda wordy ... sorry.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

BobC is a n00b
Not to hijack, but I have an ActiveSync issue that may or may not be related.

Everytime I'm syncing I get an error that says

POCKET PC NETWORKING
Unable to obtain a server-assigned IP address.
Try again later or enter an IP address in Network
settings.

What's that all about? I'm not trying to hook up to an network - just a PC to a PPC.

It doesn't seem to affect anything - the sync still works and all, its just irritating....
Old 03-14-2007, 03:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy
Not to argue w/ the "Mario Master", but...

I disagree, I only access the net through wifi, and only sync through ActiveStink (well, and Yahoo Go). When my A/S icon is on all day it eats up my battery pretty well. I'm not sure why, perhaps because it wants to sync and there's nothing to connect to?

I suppose, now that I am thinking about it, the network time sync option may have caused that in itself.

How about a way to network time sync on a leaner schedule, that would solve both issues! And I can say, it's not like the 6700 can't stay pretty close to true time - I tend to go in every couple days and do it manually - the time never changes from that so it can't be too bad of a clock.

Regardless it has made the difference (in sardinours 4 & 5 roms anyway) between having enough juice for the day, and not. I also was having some lockups when waking the device, as well it would wake up on it's own more often. Sure it would go back to sleep, but a few minutes here and there add up!
hmmmm, that may very well may be a possibility, i may not notice the hit because of all of the other things I do to save battery life. I have also never shut off network sync since ive had the phone, and I use web2mail, so my async is up 24 hours a day.

It would be interesting to see if my battery life is extended if i shut all my sync functions off.

I am still sticking firm to the "sleep" mode of AKU 3.5 ..... its freakin UBER!

and since my phone is really only on when im making calls, and/or receiving a txt message, if it wants to sync up during that time, im pretty ok with it.

My battery lasts all day long, and w/out charging and daily use, can hit about halfway into the next day. I think that is incredible for the standard battery.

+++++++++++++++++

I know there is some battery life, monitering programs.... can anyone confirm the hit on the battery that activesync eats up?

you actually have me really curious!!! Ive also never had the "random" wakeups that I used to on AKU 2.x

and it may very well be that you have "nothing to sync to" as mail2web syncs all my crap.... it may also be that when you setup a server to sync to, it ASKS you for a schedule of when to sync. I have mine set to "only when there is a change" so if im not updating my contacts/calander/email then it just sits idle.

If you go into the Activesync schedule, you can set the time to "Every 4 hours" that may also help if it is indeed async that is killing your precious battery life.

++++++++++++ (i like to ramble)

so anyways, if it is really a massive hit i would be very surprised, i would lean towards the settings, rather than the fact that its just open & running because the sleep mode is massively efficient. (unless its turning your phone on.... thats just.......creepy...... i would run for the hills screaming with jello all over my body if my phone did that).

keep me posted, and try setting your async to 4 hours and lemme know if that helps!

Old 03-14-2007, 08:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

rlith is just getting started
Ok... Proper way to do it...

Create fake server under AS (1.1.1.1) set pw, set user name. These can be random.

After it's done, set the schedule to manual.

Start your phone app, go to MENU>>SERVICES>>TIME SYNCRONIZATION

Click GET SETTINGS

UNCHECK Time syncronize with mobile network automatically

If the above is checked, AS will come on everytime the phone syncs with your providor..

Go back to AS setup, delete the exchange server you created

End task on AS

Yer done...

That said, when you dock with your PC AS will come up and you will have to kill it from memory after you are done. It can also come up after a soft reset... Other than those conditions it will stay off.

Most of the time when the hack isn't working it's because they have the time sync under the phone app checked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache