PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 04:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: verizon

roflczar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VX6700 Bricked?

So I have a XV6700 that I can hard reset but i get nothing on powerup. No Verizon screen. Nothing. I got it working and everything was going fine until I tried to upgrade it to WM6. Then it failed and wouldn't boot up.. It kept freezing on the Verizon screen, so I googled my ass off till I got to http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33076 ... followed the instructions ... and now it won't do anything.

HALP!
Old 07-28-2010, 04:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

roflczar is a n00b
Re: VX6700 Bricked?

SIDE NOTE

I can get into the USB part of MTTY by holding in power and notes to make the PC register it "dun DUN" sound.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

p38fln is becoming a great contributor

Try running the ROM update again - if that doesn't work, download a different ROM update and try it instead.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6700, xv6800, xv6850, xv6875, xv6900, xv6975,
Carrier: vzw

hemanolio is just getting started

If you can get the screen to say anything at all (its a black and white NOT lit up screen..) anything at all?? Then it isnt bricked. Ive done that like 3 times. Grab an old solid rom (maybe the stock). Hold power, tape record, and press the reset. Black and white-hard to see "serial" ? plug it into your computer and reflash to old rom.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6700, xv6800, xv6850, xv6875, xv6900, xv6975,
Carrier: vzw

hemanolio is just getting started

here's the newest official verion rom for it. Good luck.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:33 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Howdy. Your device is NOT bricked. Just hard reset it a few times (two soft keys - - above Send and End) and stylus in the reset hole, then hit Yes to proceed. If the since the device will still be stuck in bootloader (it's a dark screen but if you go under a light you will see "Serial" at the top when it's unplugged from USB, then "USB" at the top when it is hooked up. The bottom will say something like v2.02 or v1.04 Please keep in mind that the number to the left of the decimal stands for the hardware version of the device, it cannot be changed, the number to the right can be however.

Now, with that being said let's try to get this thing out of bootloader. You'll need MTTY. Once that is downloaded make sure it's on your desktop and not in a zip or rar file. Open that program and select "USB" from the drop down menu on the left. Once that is open MTTY and press Enter 2 times. Now type in JUST like this set 14 0, then hit Enter again, now type in JUST like this task 8 hit Enter again. If this phone does not bootup, then poke the reset hole.

I made a quick ZIP of all the MTTY excutables I have here on one of my machines. I don't know which one will work for you, but just keep trying the same steps for all of them until it works. You can download it here.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache