PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
I'm gonna look at the sprint ext rom in more depth tonight, and after that...if u wanna send me the files in ur ext rom I will have a look at them also. (newest update would be best).
~mike

Old 12-01-2006, 06:09 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Tutorial for removing "junkware" has been updated so you can know see which files are needed, added a link to that post in the ground rules and instructions. Note some of the .cabs may not be needed but they are recommeded you leave them there, plus we got rid of most huge ones taking up most your space! I will also be adding a Bonus Section and posting my custom ext rom soon....probably over the weekend, so keep an eye out for that.
Enjoy,
Mike
Old 12-01-2006, 11:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chaddy02 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
This is Awesome. where exactly do the mms hack go? on top of reset or disabled?
Old 12-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

If you wanted to add the MMS .cab it should go at the end of the config.txt were apachehax.cab is in the example.
~Mike
Old 12-02-2006, 11:18 AM
N00b

chaddy02 is a n00b
thanks
Old 12-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
Wide, do you think you could create a basic custom ext rom (with just the basic .cabs w/o all the junks) for some of the members that find this task difficult to perform?
Old 12-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

well that u could just delet the .cabs that aren't needed, u don't even have to edit the config.txt but I was planning on sharing my ext rom soon...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:10 PM
N00b

chaddy02 is a n00b
can some post the extended rom they are using
Old 12-06-2006, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: VZW

SMix is a n00b
This is awesome ... I swear you never cease to amaze me ... I'm definately gonna have to set this up ... now one other question, besides manually installing each prog I wanna add, is there a way to tell if the prog will work with no user input? or do u have a list of popular software we may all want that def won't work?
Old 12-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

I working on a list of apps that shouldnt be put in the extended rom. And as far as them installing, you just make sure you add them to the config.txt and when u hard reset, it reads that list and installs them automatically in the order they are on that txt file, no need in manually installing again.
~Mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache