PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2007, 08:51 AM
ferky's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6700,6800,moto q9c
Carrier: xl
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 39
Reputation: 0
ferky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ferky
(WTA)XV6700 screen alignment always change

Hello Apachers...I'm noob here I wanna ask about my verizon 6700 problem.
The problem is my touchscreen alignment always incorrect although i have re align using setting system screen alignment. after i re align usually the touch screen tap is function properly but after i use the phone within few minutes it moves again usually moved to the right side of the screen.
For example i type with keyboard when my stylus tapping the"n" letter the screen will type "m"
This problem really make me crazy ........Please some one help me...
What i've done :
Try using WM 5 = The problem percist
Try upgrade to WM 6 (thanks to Helmi_C) = The problem percist
Upgrade Radio = The problem percist
please help me...
Thanks in advance
Regards Ferky
__________________
www.tangomotor.110mb.com
PPC 6700 WM6 Helmi C, 1GB, Iphone wow edition>>Sprint Mogul >>gps unlock version, 4 G SDHC
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2007, 01:20 PM
FastRX8's Avatar
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Fontana, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 703
Reputation: 5861
FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferky View Post
Hello Apachers...I'm noob here I wanna ask about my verizon 6700 problem.
The problem is my touchscreen alignment always incorrect although i have re align using setting system screen alignment. after i re align usually the touch screen tap is function properly but after i use the phone within few minutes it moves again usually moved to the right side of the screen.
For example i type with keyboard when my stylus tapping the"n" letter the screen will type "m"
This problem really make me crazy ........Please some one help me...
What i've done :
Try using WM 5 = The problem percist
Try upgrade to WM 6 (thanks to Helmi_C) = The problem percist
Upgrade Radio = The problem percist
please help me...
Thanks in advance
Regards Ferky
I talked to one other person that had this same issue.
He only had it w/ a rom that had a registry setting for the screen alignment.
Are there any custom registry settings you're using for alignment?
One possible fix is to delete the registry setting from the phone, and re-align.
Maybe that will keep them from changing back.
Here is the registry location
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH
Delete the key called "CalibrationData".
Reset your phone, and then re-align.
By the way, a quick way to get to the re-align screen is to push the center of the joystick and the windows key at the same time.
__________________
- RX8 -
When someone helps you out, don't say "Thanks" click ----->
[TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + videos
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 2 times.
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2007, 06:04 PM
psiphi's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Location: DC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 718
Reputation: 523
psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Clean the Corners...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferky View Post
Hello Apachers...I'm noob here I wanna ask about my verizon 6700 problem.
The problem is my touchscreen alignment always incorrect although i have re align using setting system screen alignment. after i re align usually the touch screen tap is function properly but after i use the phone within few minutes it moves again usually moved to the right side of the screen.
For example i type with keyboard when my stylus tapping the"n" letter the screen will type "m"
This problem really make me crazy ........Please some one help me...
What i've done :
Try using WM 5 = The problem percist
Try upgrade to WM 6 (thanks to Helmi_C) = The problem percist
Upgrade Radio = The problem percist
please help me...
Thanks in advance
Regards Ferky

There is another thread on this (search on digitizer) but one possible solution is to carefully take a sheet of paper and clean the lint between the case and the screen, being careful not to get it stuck around the corners... This solved my problem for a long time (until I droped the PDA and the top half of my screen was permanently mis-alligned... Thank you Sprint for TEP )

Good Luck...
__________________
Psi Phi:]\/[aster 5ys0p of ]\/[@9!]<
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2007, 06:11 PM
schettj's Avatar
morsus mihi
Offline
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T
Location: Not from around these parts
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,017
Reputation: 3616
schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'd agree - usually some small amount of gunk in the edge there causes misreads of the touchscreen.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2007, 06:14 PM
jhonny11's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: centro
Carrier: vzw
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 104
Reputation: 10
jhonny11 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had the same issue - cleaned between the screen and case with the edge of something and it cleared up a lot. Still not perfect, but a LOT better
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2007, 10:09 PM
GaMedic's Avatar
Ditch Doctor
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Location: Georgia, USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,172
Reputation: 3637
GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have had the same screen alignment issue. I cleaned wirh paper, so we shall see if that works. I did find there was a fair amount of buildup.
__________________
Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2007, 10:42 PM
GaMedic's Avatar
Ditch Doctor
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Location: Georgia, USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,172
Reputation: 3637
GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am still having the alignment issue so I deleted the registry setting listed above and reset then realigned. Hopefullt this will help.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2007, 01:38 AM
ferky's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6700,6800,moto q9c
Carrier: xl
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 39
Reputation: 0
ferky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ferky
trying to clean some buildup...found so many of it...black ..and dusty..hope it will on my phone thanks for all suggestion i'll try the reg edit later after going home from work
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2007, 07:46 AM
ferky's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6700,6800,moto q9c
Carrier: xl
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 39
Reputation: 0
ferky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ferky
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
I talked to one other person that had this same issue.
He only had it w/ a rom that had a registry setting for the screen alignment.
Are there any custom registry settings you're using for alignment?
One possible fix is to delete the registry setting from the phone, and re-align.
Maybe that will keep them from changing back.
Here is the registry location
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH
Delete the key called "CalibrationData".
Reset your phone, and then re-align.
By the way, a quick way to get to the re-align screen is to push the center of the joystick and the windows key at the same time.
thanks RX8 this is remembering me that i didn't find this miss alignment issue when using verizonguy WM6 version...but still wanna build my own rom with build os....
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiphi View Post
There is another thread on this (search on digitizer) but one possible solution is to carefully take a sheet of paper and clean the lint between the case and the screen, being careful not to get it stuck around the corners... This solved my problem for a long time (until I droped the PDA and the top half of my screen was permanently mis-alligned... Thank you Sprint for TEP )

Good Luck...
@Psiphi :I've give it a try..it has been 5ours since i clear the "lint " between the casing and the touch screen...it work very nice i don't have any more miss alignment issue. hope fully it'll last long ....Thanks alot....
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I'd agree - usually some small amount of gunk in the edge there causes misreads of the touchscreen.
Thanks bro Schettj this seem my problem solver....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonny11 View Post
I had the same issue - cleaned between the screen and case with the edge of something and it cleared up a lot. Still not perfect, but a LOT better
try to clean more may be using "C" formed Cartoon, choose the hard one..maybe some buildup still stuck under your casing....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I have had the same screen alignment issue. I cleaned wirh paper, so we shall see if that works. I did find there was a fair amount of buildup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I am still having the alignment issue so I deleted the registry setting listed above and reset then realigned. Hopefullt this will help.
Try Rx 8 advise..but i hvn't try it i just wanna try the solution one by one so that i would know the source of the problem.please share to us if you had fix your problem bro Ga THANKS ...
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2007, 09:11 AM
ferky's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6700,6800,moto q9c
Carrier: xl
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 39
Reputation: 0
ferky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ferky
Big mistake

Please help me again..the problem come back to my phone ....
I've try the two tricks mentioned above but the problem come back now....
I've cleared dusty gunk under the cover...and i've done the registry editing..it only last for a few ours now my phone have the miss alignment issue again..
Please help Me (us) this is the only problem that i hate about my phone, the rest are make me really love this phone and won't move to another one..
Thanks in advance again any suggest is appreciated.
Regards
ferky
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com