PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 10:25 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If the alignment won't "keep" then its most likely a hardware problem. It's not software, and there's nothing else short of getting the screen replaced that will fix a bad touch sensor.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700,6800,moto q9c
Carrier: xl
Threadstarter

ferky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ferky
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
If the alignment won't "keep" then its most likely a hardware problem. It's not software, and there's nothing else short of getting the screen replaced that will fix a bad touch sensor.
I didn't mention That i've replaced my Screen bundle yet (the touch screen sensor and the LCD) with second screen bundle ...now only the engine i havn't replace yet....now trying to go back to verizonguy rom....hopefully it works..
Thanks Schettj
Waiting some more suggestion......it's just me or...some one else with me??????????????????????????
Old 11-18-2007, 09:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

foakgul is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiphi View Post
There is another thread on this (search on digitizer) but one possible solution is to carefully take a sheet of paper and clean the lint between the case and the screen, being careful not to get it stuck around the corners... This solved my problem for a long time (until I droped the PDA and the top half of my screen was permanently mis-alligned... Thank you Sprint for TEP )

Good Luck...
Guys I tried psiphi's solution and it works!! Thanks psiphi! MY ppc6700 was always going out of alignment especially on the right side so I cleaned the right side with a thin sheet of paper under the plastic. A good explanation for that maybe that, if dirt gets stuck in there, it will force your screen downward at the right side and the actual contact of the screen will take place at an offset position rather than the intended position.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700,6800,moto q9c
Carrier: xl
Threadstarter

ferky is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to ferky
Thanks you all guys
Now my alignment goes well..
So far i conclude that the buildup under the front case was the source of the miss alignment issue.
Once again Thanks
PROBLEM SOLVED
Old 12-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferky View Post
Thanks you all guys
Now my alignment goes well..
So far i conclude that the buildup under the front case was the source of the miss alignment issue.
Once again Thanks
PROBLEM SOLVED
That worked for me too. No more issues. I folded the paper into a point and cleaned the corners which completely eliminated my problem.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 04-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Ipaq 3970

johngaf is a n00b
Re: (WTA)XV6700 screen alignment always change

Nice work FastRX8. After I replaced touchscreen on Xda 2 I had serious problems with screen alignment. I downloaded Resco registry editor and followed your instructions and it fixed this serious glitch. Many thanks.=D>
Old 04-18-2008, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel PPC-6700, Blackberry 8830 WE
Carrier: Alltel (Because they RULE)

Psxmoe is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Psxmoe
Re: (WTA)XV6700 screen alignment always change

Sometimes screen protectors that are placed under the plastic may cause this issue. it did me. So using Fellows WriteRight screen protectors I made it a hair smaller than the screen and it works perfectly.

(Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile and At&T SUCK!) Alltel RULES!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache