PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
How to upgrade Sprint PPC6700 from the old to the new ROM

ROM Upgrade
1. Do the ROM upgrade on a computer that has MS Active sync 4.1 installed, or install on your desktop before proceeding to step 2.

2. Sync all data you want saved (contacts, tasks, appointments, calendar, and files). Because the ROM update us like doing a hard reset. And note the device name of your PPC6700 as you will need to know this when u restore these things. You can check the device name by going to start/settings/system/about/device id.

3. Go through and turn OFF firewalls(even windows firewall), virus, and spy ware programs. Also make sure you change your screensaver and energy saver program so that they do not come on during installation, because this can cause problems when upgrading.

4. Download the new sprint ROM from HERE! its 43mb so make sure your on a high speed connection. This is a direct download link from utstarcom.

5. Once you have downloaded the .exe file and check to make sure your screensaver disabled. Plug your PPC6700 into your computer using the USB cable.

6. Run the .exe file and follow the directions on the computer screen. Note: The screen of your PPC6700 will dim but there will be a progress meter on it. The PC will also have a progress bar.
Est. Time to install =20 minutes

7. Power on your PPC6700. Rename you device to the same name it was before the installation of the new ROM.

8. Re-sync all contacts, tasks, appointments, calendar, and files back over to your PPC6700. And reinstall programs.

9. YOUR DONE!! Enjoy the many features added in the new ROM and the increased speed! Features include direct push capabilities, device lock, voice dial, and zip program plus many more features!

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Rufus is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Rufus
I will also be doing this over the weekend? Anyone have any results to report? Anyone found any issues in the upgrade process or with the ROM itsself?

Thanks for any input.

.... Oh yeah, and check out my blog!
Old 05-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Just make sure you follow my instructions and make sure you sceensaver and firewalls etc. are turned OFF. I had no issues when upgrading, so good luck, and enjoy the new features!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Rufus is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Rufus
SIMPLE! I like the new ROM except for the "auto-fill" phone feature.... For lack of a better name for it. It just get in the way it seems, I wanna be able to see call status without trying to figure out if the clock is still counting off.

I think there is a huge performance difference and I love that.

Nice "tutorial", the only thing I lost was my ringers and that is because I forgot they were in the Windows directory.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Glad u like the write up. Wasn't that bad to do huh? Yep u gotta backup whatevers stored if u wanna have it after the upgrade.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Charles
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

cac9478 is keeping up the good workcac9478 is keeping up the good work
I cant upgrade the rom with windows vista. It gives me a connnection error.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

yikes, haven't tried with vista, it may not be possible, but I'm not sure. so ur telling me u never upgraded roms?
~mike
Old 07-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Charles
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

cac9478 is keeping up the good workcac9478 is keeping up the good work
no i just got my phone replaced again cause the volume sitch broke. So i went to upgrade the rom and it wouldnt work in vista. Afterwards it worked perfectly on windows xp.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Lurker

double d is a n00b
before i go thru this process, can someone tell me how to determine which ROM version I am running and whether it is the new one or not.

i just purchased my phone last week and am having that backlight issue folks have been discussing.

thanks.

Todd
Old 07-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

go to start/settings/system/device information. hope this helps.
ps u will love the new rom
~mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache