PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 01:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

streetpreacha650 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Im New Need Help Plz?

I Have A Apache N Want To Upgrade It How Do I Do That? I Have The Orginal Version. Help Plz
Old 10-08-2007, 02:35 AM
N00b

store2000 is a n00b
How old are you? 10?

If you can read, there are STICKYs on the main forum's main page. (example: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6017 or http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671)

Read them. You don't have to be very intelligent to flash you phone, but if you can't even read bold, sticky posts - you're not smart enough to proceed.

Sorry, but Darwin 1, streetpreacha650 0.

Last edited by store2000; 10-08-2007 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Download the ROM specific to your phone/carrier; Extract the contents(may need WinRAR or 7-zip, ect.) and open the containing folder that you just extracted; Verify that you are on and logged into an XP machine(stuck in bootloader if you flash in Vista); Hold down the voice recorder and power button simultaneously on the 6700 while you press the reset button with your stylus; plug the 6700 into your XP machine via USB (wait a few, Windows may need to configure some drivers); Navigate to your extracted ROM you downloaded and double click the ROM update utility, the icon normally looks like a PPC6700; Now, follow the steps carefully and wait for the process to complete... DO NOT unplug your phone during the upgrade process; When complete, unplug your phone and hard reset it (hold both softkey buttons while pressing the reset button with the stylus); Set up your phone and your done!

For future reference it is a very wise idea to read all sticky posts or perform a search before posting. This prevents redundancy on the forums as well as educates you on your own device.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My using is a Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Bushrod is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by store2000 View Post
How old are you? 10?

If you can read, there are STICKYs on the main forum's main page. (example: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6017 or http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671)

Read them. You don't have to be very intelligent to flash you phone, but if you can't even read bold, sticky posts - you're not smart enough to proceed.

You are my new hero. Seriously.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:35 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by store2000 View Post
How old are you? 10?

I'm at least as concerned about reading ability as ability to communicate using a keyboard.

I've seen people do the annoying CAPITALIZE EVERYTHING as well as capitalize nothing, but I've never seen anyone type in Title format where every word is capitalized and proper punctuation & spelling seems to be unknown.
" I Have A Apache N Want To Upgrade It How Do I Do That? I Have The Orginal Version. Help Plz"

Since this ROM was released, I answered a few plaintive posts like this one, then I was a bit of a smart ass a few times, and now I mostly ignore them.
It really is better to not give directions to someone who is obviously going to need way more attention if they do the upgrade than if we just let them use the device as their provider intended.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

rxb216 is just getting started
guys, let's chill here, I met streetpreacher650 on a train last week and directed him to the ppcgeeks.com site since this has been a great resource for most people. He's a newby to upgrading his phone like we all were back in the day. Not all of us have a master's degrees in computer science. When I was a newby, trying to search this site also didn't also find me with i was looking for unless l spent days going through threads. It takes time for one to really unleash the knowledge contained on this site.

I appreaciate the post by robmayer above who helped out streetpreacher650, this kid is now realy happy with his upgrade
Old 10-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Im glad he is happy. But when I was a newbie, I read, followed directions (without a degree) and when I was finished, I donated to helmi. i think everyone should read first, ask questions later. missing a part of a thread or not finding one is no big deal. Obviously he was able to read enough to find the right forum. A couple of clicks more, and he would have found what he was looking for. It was pure laziness if you ask me. Maybe he can redeem himself, who knows.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development