PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Lurker

einsteinx2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Every time battery dies apache is stuck at green windows mobile boot screen

Originally, in the WM5 AKU 3.5 rom, any time I took out the battery and replaced it (even if it didn't die) my phone would get stuck on the windows mobile boot screen. I use two batteries so I change them often.

I then upgraded to the WM6 rom and it had the same issue. I was told that it was a problem with the live search and HTC home today plugins interfering. So I removed the live search plugin and all of a sudden it would boot up normally. I thought all was well but I was wrong.

Now whenever my phone completely dies, even if just for a minute, when I put in a new battery or plug it in it gets stuck at the boot screen. The only way I can get it to load up is to do a hard reset. It is getting a little tedious to hard reset my phone every time the battery dies accidentally (and with the battery life on these things it happens all the time).

Is this a known issue? Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it to boot properly?
Old 09-25-2007, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Sprint

djheir is keeping up the good workdjheir is keeping up the good work
I have the same problem (I alternate between two batteries). Running WM5 I never had this problem but now, even if I push the power button first, whenever I take the battery out and replace it, it gets stuck at the Windows Mobile boot screen.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH800 Touch Pro

namopereht is just getting started
This is a known issue with the HTC home plugin. Workaround is to unselect it from the today screen before you remove the battery, then reset/remove battery, then put it back on the today screen. Also a good idea to install a safe mode program (search and ye shall find) in case your battery dies or you have to reset from a lockup. Then you can still boot into safe mode and unselect it from there and reset.

namopereht
Old 09-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

dtman is a n00b
Smile Not always what it seems

This also sometimes happens to me, I have the XV6700 Verizon version with the 2.x bootloader. What I find the most interesting about this is two things, if I start to do a hard reset and choose no it will complete the startup but when I attempt to sync with my desktop using Outlook 2007 and Activesync I get errors. I have to delete the partnership and establish it again and all is fine. At least that stops me from having to completely hard reset.

But what may be interesting to this thread moreso, is I do not even run the aforementioned plug in. So this issue with plug in and this problem may exist, but I think there may be more to it.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

einsteinx2 is a n00b
Just to update on my situation, I installed verizonguy's wm6 rom right after I posted this thread to see if that would help. Today my phone was dead for about 5 hours. When I plugged it in it booted up fine. I am running the HTC home plugin. It remains to be seen if it will happen again. In the past it would boot fine a bunch of times and then decide not to a bunch of times after that. Maybe there is some other variable that we aren't thinking of.

That is interesting about the safe mode app. I will look for that later. Anything that will keep me from having to hard reset would be awesome!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

einsteinx2 is a n00b
Another update:

Over the weekend my phone died again and I let it stay dead for a day or so to see if it would come back up. When I plugged it back in monday, to my lack of surprise, it failed to get past the green WM screen again. This time I'm going to disable HTC Home and see if it will keep having this problem.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

raycoast is a n00b
In my case, everytime I booted up it would freeze on the splash screen. I read a post here somewhere that it was thought that the weather panel was causing the freeze up on the HTC today screen. All I needed to do to was go into the Weather Panel section of the HTC, go to select city, menu, weather options, uncheck download weather data automatically. I made that change about 2 weeks ago and have not had a single freeze since. I dont ever use the weatherpanel but for some reason that fixed it, perhaps its related to the fact I dont have a dataplan in any case it worked for me.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Lurker

frankenstein897 is a n00b
Same here. Set my weather panel to update manually. No hard or soft resets.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

rxb216 is just getting started
hmm, i am running the htc plugin, weather download is automatic, i let my phone die twice and it still boots fine (thankfully), i can also yank the battery out and i am still booting fine

I however did experince the green screen hang once, after installing a flaky 3rd party program. I vowed to go back to aku3.5 if i have to hard reset again.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PhilR8 is just getting started
I can confirm: de-selecting automatic weather updates ended the hard resets. I have having to hard reset every other day for a while, and was seriously considering going back to Hekmi's 3.5 - but now, everything is great!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development