PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: AllTel/Verizon

markjjordan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible to run older version of BuildOS?

I'm wondering if anyone here could tell me if its possible to run an older version of a kitchen.

Back story... I created a ROM in April of 2008, and have been using that ROM until this month. I thought I'd give the new and improved Kitchen and ROMs a go, but am unsatisfied for a few reasons (I won't bore you with the details). What I'd really like to do is recreate the ROM I had back in April of 2008, maybe unselecting a couple of things.

I have a backup of the c:\ProgramFiles\BuildOS folder from last April. I also have a copy of the BuildOS setup from then as well. I've tried just restoring the c:\programFiles\BuildOS folder, but the kitchen won't run... gets failure when I submit my username and password.

I've tried reinstalling the April 2008 version of BuildOS, but that didn't go well, either (can't remember exactly why at the moment).

Has anyone has success in doing this? Can you offer some advice?

Thanks in advance for any information.

BTW... I did find that I could execute "C:\ProgramFiles\BuildOS\Upgrade\Apache_RUU\RUU\RO MUpgradeUt.exe" from the restored April 2008 backup. So that's good. But I'd really like to edit features of that ROM and remove some stuff that has more recent updates (ie. Total Commander is one).
Old 01-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible to run older version of BuildOS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjjordan View Post
I'm wondering if anyone here could tell me if its possible to run an older version of a kitchen.
Yes. Sometimes it takes a bit of doing, however.
Quote:
Back story... I created a ROM in April of 2008, and have been using that ROM until this month. I thought I'd give the new and improved Kitchen and ROMs a go, but am unsatisfied for a few reasons (I won't bore you with the details).
we're easily entertained. Regail us with your story.
Quote:
.... April kitchen....Has anyone has success in doing this? Can you offer some advice?
You will not be able to run ppckitchen version from so long ago. You can use the kitchens from then, but you'll have to update buildos.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development