PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 06:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

XV6700Dummy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Error 120 fixed but now error 150

is this where I type all the gruesome details?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

XV6700Dummy is a n00b
Re: Error 120 fixed but now error 150

Ok so it appears it is,

I purchased a Cellular South UTStarcom to replace my terminal Verizon XV.

I thought I'd have to change ESN's to activate it on Verizon but they said no problem and it's up and working well. Really cool since I had no idea the ESN stuff was a no no.

The UT phone has ROM 2.11.20 WWE dated 04/04/06 and I updated 1.16 radio to 1.41. The radio upgrade works well.

It has bootloader 1.0 and once I was able to actually build a rom that didn't make the chefs giggle and flatulate, I met steady opposition in the form of 120 errors.

Dug about and read the 1.0 bootloader wanted RUU "noID"

that seemed to cure the 120 error only to reward me with a 150 error

so I tried carrier "cellular south" instead of verizon

no dice

I tried unbranding it and then trying to flash with both carriers

no dice

I've tried this on vista and xp-pro and have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling BuildOS several many times.

I did notice that after reinstalling previous build files remained on each particular computer.

Is there an easy answer or did I need to cough up more info?

Is there a hard answer?

I'm hoping for easy and expecting impossible so lay it on me.

Thanks I'm in over 20 hours and I'm starting to have visions of smashed xv's and plasma monitors as well as sheet rock repairs looming in my future.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

XV6700Dummy is a n00b

well I hoooked the tig welder up to it, cranked the juice up to just over 200 amps and it flashed, not once but twice

bootloader 1.0

RUU Standard

Cellular South

now I'm wondering if the SMS and voicemail stuff will actually work

I'll update later
Old 01-02-2009, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

XV6700Dummy is a n00b

ok, since I've gotten it to flash none of the ## numbers, like debug/feature, or even 778, work

thinking I'll try again and fight it to see if the Verizon version will flash unless somebody has an idea of how I can make these features work. All the descriptive info of the Verizon cab files really do not make it clear of what they actually do or don't do.

I used the 755 rom since most of what I read said the latest one was buggy.

I'm also unable to find a list anywhere of the differences between the various ROMs and it would be nice to know what's actually included in them.

I didn't try any of the nue stuff because they all required the package installer but upon poking around, I see two nue programs already on it so I'll assume the package loader really wouldn't be required to try out some of those interesting seeming programs.......

I did download the latest verison of the BuildOS on a Vista Professional machine and I'll note that it would not display the sizes of anything including the base rom or any add-ons.

Also along the lines of constructive criticism, it would be nice, upon selecting a specific device, if the subsequent build kitchen that loaded; omitted stuff already included, listed what's included, and only "offered" what will work for the device specific application.

Anyhow, very cool stuff and I am going to try a few more things. I also wonder if it's possible to "import" some of the various freeware into the kitchen to substitute for the pre-packaged choices.

Thanks and if you have any suggestions about which RUU or such that I need to try to make the Verizon version work on this phone, that would be great along with perhaps some dummy targeted techno speak on how one goes about ciphering details like that.

Thanks again.

Last edited by XV6700Dummy; 01-02-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

XV6700Dummy is a n00b

one more thing that would be nice is

a simple language tutorial on how to determine which programs can be run from the SDHC storage card instead of installed on device's rom

I run the PHM backup and also a registry editor from my card and I was thinking it sure would be nice to take advantage of the 4gigs there so I could cram more things on my actual rom build
Old 01-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by XV6700Dummy View Post
ok, since I've gotten it to flash none of the ## numbers, like debug/feature, or even 778, work
that's a function of your dialerl. If you include the Phone Codes package, you'll get shortcuts in your programs folder you can click on for equivalent functionality.
Quote:
I used the 755 rom since most of what I read said the latest one was buggy.
no, it's not. It just has a different set of quirk, which some people find ojectionable. ymmv.
Quote:
I did download the latest verison of the BuildOS on a Vista Professional machine and I'll note that it would not display the sizes of anything including the base rom or any add-ons.
Could be a bug (I haven't tried it in forever), could be you didn't tell it to Calc Rom Sizes in the tool menu.
Quote:
Also along the lines of constructive criticism, it would be nice, upon selecting a specific device, if the subsequent build kitchen that loaded; omitted stuff already included, listed what's included, and only "offered" what will work for the device specific application.
It does. Most stuff hasn't been updated to take advantage of the enhanced functionality, however.
Quote:
Anyhow, very cool stuff and I am going to try a few more things. I also wonder if it's possible to "import" some of the various freeware into the kitchen to substitute for the pre-packaged choices.
See OEMizer.
Quote:
Thanks and if you have any suggestions about which RUU or such that I need to try to make the Verizon version work on this phone, that would be great along with perhaps some dummy targeted techno speak on how one goes about ciphering details like that.

Thanks again.
Did you set REV to your bootloader version? Your bootloader version is 3 digits, not 2 (1.0 is not a valid bootloader version)
Old 01-04-2009, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

XV6700Dummy is a n00b

logged in and typed a line by line reply to your helpful post but upon attempting to post it...... I got the dreadful "you are not logged in" malarkey

and of course clicking back resulted in a page not populated with me keystrokes

I'll try again soon when I get another chance to sit down

graveyard dialer in current app

interested in knowing difference between two roms including sizes

yes on calculate sizes and now have installed on vista home premium, it does the same thing but only once have I been able to see the sizes by playing with vertical partition and horizontal scroll

thanks so this means the Rapheal stuff will actually work on the apache?

cool

ok on the OEMizer and I did relent and fall back to the "if all else fails read the destructions" tried and true adage so I've taken some steps there

on the version.... simply picked from the drop down menu and yes it's 1.00

should I try others?

one more thing which may not be anything

the phone after becoming unstable (following several failed flashes) has seemed to smooth out after 228 programming using options 1 and 2

however, I have noted since flashing with the 775 rom that I never see "spl unlocked" during the programming process. may not mean a thing, dunno
Old 01-04-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

XV6700Dummy is a n00b

is there any way possible to completely uninstall BuildOS that could be explained to me like I was seven?

the uninstaller supplied simply does not completely uninstall it.

I'd like to be able and just start over brand new.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by XV6700Dummy View Post
is there any way possible to completely uninstall BuildOS that could be explained to me like I was seven?

the uninstaller supplied simply does not completely uninstall it.

I'd like to be able and just start over brand new.
Delete c:\program files\ppckitchen.org.

That won't remove temp files and the like, but those get deleted every build anyway.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

XV6700Dummy is a n00b

I'm going to reflash this one with the later one but in the mean time Asurion finally realized with the help of verizon that my dead XV6700 has been insured for a couple of years

they sent me a refurbed 6700 but the power button had a flaw which meant nearly breathing on it would unlock the screen

I went to a verizon store and we talked to the asurion folks

and they were super nice and after informing me they would be sending me another xv6700, told me they will have a new XV6800 delivered to my door tomorrow

surprised me for sure so now I'll need to round up a charging cradle or three for one of those

hopefully I'll like it and hopefully I'll have better luck reflashing this xv6700 to verizon's stuff

thanks and I'll try uninstalling the BuildOS this evening and see how that flies for my reflash

wish the BuildOS would work with linux/unbuntu and probably could be made to but I'm far removed from the guy to make it happen!

seriously, thanks for all the help and I'll stab this again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development