PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: alltel

Tomqerz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tomqerz
Exclamation Help....My 6700 can't connect activesync

I've serious problem for my ppc 6700,i can't connect it to my pc or activesync..My PC said that "USB Device Not recognized",what wrong w/ my PPC???? I've change my ppc's USB and i have change my cable data but it not change.Before, i use "WM5Storage" to send music files to my mini SD in my PPC and i've wrong selection..i select to main memory (it said that it can make my system permanently unusable)...Please,what should i do....I love my PPC6700 so much and won't to change it...Please......Love PPCGEEKS so muchhh
Old 11-02-2008, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Help....My 6700 can't connect activesync

If you have WM5Storage enabled AS wont work. Disable it and you should be fine.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: alltel
Threadstarter

Tomqerz is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Tomqerz
Smile Re: Help....My 6700 can't connect activesync

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
If you have WM5Storage enabled AS wont work. Disable it and you should be fine.

I've disabled it,but it have the same problem...Is there any hardware problem ???? (sorry for my poor eng )
Old 11-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomqerz View Post
..i select to main memory (it said that it can make my system permanently unusable)...
Need more information to help. Did you change the operating system on PPC (flash to WM6/6.1) or the PC (XP/SP3 or Vista/SP1)? Not quite sure what happened in the quote but if that's the case, you might consider a hard reset back to factory after backing everything up. You might try deleting AS partnerships on PC and PPC, rebooting PC and soft reset PPC, remake the partnerships. You can also remove the PPC from device manager and redetect it (reinstall drivers).

Last edited by gambatte; 11-03-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ut 6700 , palm pre
Carrier: sprint

Gadg3t is a n00b

I am having the same problem, where do i go to disable WM5Storage? I am running windows vista/32, windows mobile 5. i was just about to install the new rom software from utstarcom, when my phone just stated unknown device
Old 11-10-2008, 11:06 AM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

The option is in the bottom right (I think) in the menu selections
Old 11-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Lurker

Gadg3t is a n00b

i dont see it, i went into setting , menu. which i did not see the option so maybe i dont have this?? could it be something different? much thanks for the help
Old 11-10-2008, 09:26 PM
VIP Member

The option is there. IDK what version you are using but I run v1.8 according to the screenshots I made for you. Also the open to turn it on and off is in the bottom left on mine. It is Activate and Deactivate.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Lurker

Gadg3t is a n00b

I dont think i have that program, i looked all over and i still see nothing. so that must not be my problem any other suggestions.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:27 AM
VIP Member

Did you uninstall and reinstall AS? Disable firewalls? Make sure AS is running on the PPC? Tried it on other PCs (non-Vista)?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development