PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2008, 06:58 PM
sdruid's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT
Location: Metro Atlanta, Georgia
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 260
Reputation: 55
sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

No, I am not dial "1" before the number....do I have to, even if it is a local call ?
Another thing I noticed is that use of the "Voip" feature if setup in a different way other than the way you mentioned will cause the phone to freeze on incoming calls...
Just an observation....The Voip crashed afterward and I couldn't get back in to undo the change I had made "just testing the Voip feature"....so I ended up having to reflash the phone, and reload everything from backup...

Thanks...
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2008, 07:22 PM
TechnoHippie's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 237
Reputation: 95
TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdruid View Post
No, I am not dial "1" before the number....do I have to, even if it is a local call ?
Another thing I noticed is that use of the "Voip" feature if setup in a different way other than the way you mentioned will cause the phone to freeze on incoming calls...
Just an observation....The Voip crashed afterward and I couldn't get back in to undo the change I had made "just testing the Voip feature"....so I ended up having to reflash the phone, and reload everything from backup...

Thanks...
Yes, you need to dial 1 + area code + number for all calls.

As far as the problem with the voip crashing when not setup the way I have done it, well I haven't seen that before. I did have a problem with answering incomming calls at one point because my phone was responding very slowly - this turned out to be the ring-tone I had selected - the .mp3 file I was using was rather large and it created some issues.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2008, 08:30 PM
sdruid's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT
Location: Metro Atlanta, Georgia
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 260
Reputation: 55
sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoHippie View Post
hmmm. Mine seems to work with both WiFi and 3G, both incomming and outgoing calls.

Are you dialing 1+areacode+number? I tested mine initally by dialing 18005551212.
Ok, I added a 1- and it still doesn't work...
looks like it tries for about 2 or 3 seconds then stops and saids "Call ended"...this is over 3G, haven't tried WiFi yet....
Do I need a paid Gizmo account for this because I only have the free one that came from the free full software download...

Thanks...
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2008, 10:00 PM
TechnoHippie's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 237
Reputation: 95
TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdruid View Post
Ok, I added a 1- and it still doesn't work...
looks like it tries for about 2 or 3 seconds then stops and saids "Call ended"...this is over 3G, haven't tried WiFi yet....
Do I need a paid Gizmo account for this because I only have the free one that came from the free full software download...

Thanks...
Well, that is going to be your problem, you need a paid account to dial most numbers.
However, you can still dial 1800 numbers for free, so you should be able to dial 18005551212 and it should work.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2008, 10:18 PM
sdruid's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT
Location: Metro Atlanta, Georgia
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 260
Reputation: 55
sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoHippie View Post
Well, that is going to be your problem, you need a paid account to dial most numbers.
However, you can still dial 1800 numbers for free, so you should be able to dial 18005551212 and it should work.
Another observation, when I attempt to make a call with a 3G connection established, my 3G data connection drops instantly....
Meaning that now, the Gizmo connection never pops up as the call type or source...only my cellular carrier....
It doesn't work over WiFi at all.....

thanks...
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2008, 09:54 PM
sdruid's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT
Location: Metro Atlanta, Georgia
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 260
Reputation: 55
sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdruid View Post
Another observation, when I attempt to make a call with a 3G connection established, my 3G data connection drops instantly....
Meaning that now, the Gizmo connection never pops up as the call type or source...only my cellular carrier....
It doesn't work over WiFi at all.....

thanks...
My phone is totally dead now....dead as a door knob...
I guess making calls over Voip doesn't matter now...
Time to buy a new phone and probably not another smartphone but rather a regular flip phone...

Thanks..
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2009, 09:05 PM
pflatlyne's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 73
Reputation: 10
pflatlyne is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdruid View Post
My phone is totally dead now....dead as a door knob...
I guess making calls over Voip doesn't matter now...
Time to buy a new phone and probably not another smartphone but rather a regular flip phone...

Thanks..

I had the same problem. I used the kitchen but the plug in does not work on my titan. I created two tpad accounts. When I connect to tpad on the phone,the phone will ring and answer if I call from the other tpad account. It wont dial out,but I assume that the issue is the dialplan. In any event,it only works with the rear speaker which is dissapointing,but one unexpected thing is that if you have a bluetooth headset,and choose to use handsfree,it works like a charm over the headset. It would be nice to have regular speaker access too,but thats still very usable.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2009, 09:08 AM
sdruid's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT
Location: Metro Atlanta, Georgia
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 260
Reputation: 55
sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

Gizmo Voip not working now, anybody else having problems making calls using gizmo Voip setup ?
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com