PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 04:59 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: Apache Kitchen with LennySH's 6.1 build 19588

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
And exactly how did you use updater to get a 19588 apache kitchen? Its not available by updater yet.
I clicked on my Updater icon and it appeared in the list.
I don't know how, but it did.
Is there a log that I can check to see what was updated last time it ran?
I have a file that was updated on 7/1 called "SYS_19588_QVGA.rar".
I only ran the Updater because Lenny made a comment in another thread about it being there.
_____
FYI - here is the link where I saw him mentioning his kitchen in the updater.

Last edited by Trident; 07-04-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6700

BCSavage is a n00b

actually it's the older version that's in the updater list, i just looked.

is this Lenny version newer/"better" than the helmi one I just downloaded but haven't installed yet? :P
Old 07-04-2008, 10:49 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSavage View Post
actually it's the older version that's in the updater list, i just looked.

is this Lenny version newer/"better" than the helmi one I just downloaded but haven't installed yet? :P
I found that it looked great, but still has some glitches that I mentioned in this thread.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Lurker

BCSavage is a n00b

i went with helmi's ver. So far so good. Don't really understand alot of things still. Like how to limit my internet activity (web, not email) to wi-fi connections only. *shrug* guess I need to print he manual and start reading.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:02 AM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Quote:
i went with helmi's ver. So far so good. Don't really understand alot of things still. Like how to limit my internet activity (web, not email) to wi-fi connections only. *shrug* guess I need to print he manual and start reading.
I don't think that it's possible to selectively limit web browsing to WiFi only and still allow a regular data connection for email.
What you might be able to do is turn data off and on depending on when you are using email, but leave WiFi on all the time.
Of course, your battery consumption will be off the charts (I find that having the phone on and WiFi active dramatically increases battery consumption.)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Lurker

BCSavage is a n00b

ok, well is there a way to keep track of my KB/MB usage so I don't exceed my 4mb/month?
Old 07-05-2008, 12:08 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Quote:
ok, well is there a way to keep track of my KB/MB usage so I don't exceed my 4mb/month?
I'm pretty sure that unless you have a very old plan, the limit is now 5GB per month. Unless you do a lot of surfing/downloading or tether to a PC, it's pretty difficult to hit that amount.
I believe that you can always call Sprint at *4 or *2 (free calls) to get that information or you can log into their website and view current usage on your account. You can probably see it when you log into the Sprint homepage and view your account information... all this only works if you have Sprint of course. I make that assumption but it now dawns on me that a lot of other providers call the device the PPC6700.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Lurker

BCSavage is a n00b

One problem, not on sprint :P I'm with Bell Canada. just logged into my homepage and I don't see anything about data usage. And I'm sure it's 4mb's. That's what the guy on the phone said when I activated. Told me 4mb equates to 200 200-word emails... but what about google maps and mobile browsing? :S If I have no way to keep track of usage then I don't want to use internet at all which defeats the purpose of buying this PPC.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

ive been on here for a while and seen all the kitchen talk. can someone lead me on my way to the best thread to learn more how to do it.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

im sorry. i mean to learn more betweem rom updates and kitchens

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development