PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

dsmskyline is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 19213 Kitchen

Anyone feel like giving some help to a newb?

Im not sure why but my phone is stuck in the main boot page that says usb at the top and v1.00 at the bottom. I havent tried flashing anything to it yet. It froze up one day and I pulled the battery out and got that. ive tried to hardreset and nothing so I was informed to try to load a new rom onto it and am having an issue building one.

Everytime I try to build a rom in the kitchen is says build fails.
Ive tried about 4 different sets of selections but they all fail.
Is there a rom that someone built and saved that they wouldnt mind uploading so I cna open it in the kitchen and flash it to the phone to see if it will work?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Thomas
Old 05-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmskyline View Post
Anyone feel like giving some help to a newb?

Im not sure why but my phone is stuck in the main boot page that says usb at the top and v1.00 at the bottom. I havent tried flashing anything to it yet. It froze up one day and I pulled the battery out and got that. ive tried to hardreset and nothing so I was informed to try to load a new rom onto it and am having an issue building one.

Everytime I try to build a rom in the kitchen is says build fails.
Ive tried about 4 different sets of selections but they all fail.
Is there a rom that someone built and saved that they wouldnt mind uploading so I cna open it in the kitchen and flash it to the phone to see if it will work?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Thomas
Build a smaller rom in the kitchen. The last line of the build status window will tell you how many bytes you need to remove. The easiest thing is to not select any additional OEMs, build, and flash.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by talz13 View Post
I was at that point yesterday as well... Had to reboot into boot loader mode and flash again to the "old" kitchen... Looks like I'm not the only one that had problems with the new one. I hope it gets sorted so I can have something new to play with soon!
Build a smaller rom. 6.1 is bigger than 6, so you won't be able to include as much in your rom as used to.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

frenchie is a n00b

Ahh figured that much.

I reflashed to hemli's rom which worked.

I am running the 2.02 bootloader. I'm going to reflash right now and see if it works.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Lurker

dsmskyline is a n00b

Thanks for the info.

I tried it again with no luck.

I opened the kitchen using helmis rom and just clicked the build rom button without choosing any options. It build successful and attempted to connect to the phone but got a connection issue. It says its unable to connect but the phone is connected, do you have to set a com port in the kitchen or anything to make it connect?

Being the phone is stuck in the boot loader screen m no sure if it is powered on or not.

Thanks for the help,
Thomas
Old 05-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Deep Thinker

what was error message? did you select your bootloader version in the REV dropdown? You should get USB connect tones when you plug the device in, even though activesync/mobile device center won't start.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:25 AM
Lurker

dsmskyline is a n00b

Its error 101, connection issues.

Ive tried a couple bootloader versions with no luck.

Thomas
Old 05-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Deep Thinker

Find me in the chat room.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Alltel

Nealio is a n00b

I have bootloader 1.02 and I still can't build a ROM that will actually boot. I've tried the "select nothing" idea to no avail. I simply can't get Lenny's ROM to work.

Also, I have been getting a lot of missing module errors using Build OS lately, so I uninstalled it, deleted the folder, reinstalled it, and it was stable. But when I ran the Updater, I get a cannot copy error every single time even though I have disabled BuildOS via taskman. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Old 05-31-2008, 10:14 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I can't believe I'm asking this...
How do I select this Kitchen instead of the 19716 Kitchen?
Can I switch back?
I don't see a dropdown or button that allows me to choose which base I'm using.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development