PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 08:17 PM
N00b

drdrewusaf is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ringer volume troubles (not earpiece)

Hey all,

I just did a search in both this and the Apache forums and the only reference I can find close to my problem is this post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ume#post217024

However, I don't have PhotoContactsPro installed. My problem is that, no matter how I change the volume, when it is changed to either vibrate or off and then back to on, the ringer does not come back on. I've troubleshot it down to the cause, but not the problem/glitch/software. Here's what causes it:

[HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone1\]
Sound=" PROBLEM IS HERE "

The "Sound" String is easily changed to "*none*" or "*vibrate*" with the volume changed to "Off" or "Vibrate" respectively. However, it refuses to change back to my chosen ringtone when I turn the volume back up. I have to manually go in to the registry and put the correct ringtone path in every time.

I'd really like to hear everyone's opinion/advice on this, but this is the internet so I'll have to read them... (sorry for the knee slapper there) Anyway, I'm lost on trying to fix this one. So any input is welcome. I'm running the latest WM6.1 kitchen from within BuildOS.

Thanks everyone!!!

Drew

Last edited by drdrewusaf; 05-16-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: More info
Old 05-20-2008, 03:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

drdrewusaf is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ringer volume troubles (not earpiece)

So, not one person is experiencing t is problem? Guess I'll have to go with the half-split method to find which prog is causing the issue... Thanks anyway to all who looked!

Drew

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development