PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Lurker

troeper is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apache 6.1 wifi problems

I started trying to cook a 6.1 rom 3 days ago and while i'm up and running, i'm now on my 10th or so reflash because wifi wont work at all

Under Wifi settings/advanced, the status is "Connecting to a network", but no router is recognized.

I'm installing from windows xp using installer 2.02 and have also been getting the G'reloc "can't find file" errors that have also been posted w/o a solution found. This is also despite updating BuildOS today.

Temporarily i'm going back to 6.0; however, i've heard the folks that successfully installed 6.1 have better wifi function and since this is the principal use for this unit, i would like to eventually use 6.1

Suggestions would be appreciated.

troeper, noob supreme
Old 03-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
Re: Apache 6.1 wifi problems

Im on sprint but I have seen people with wi-fi and phone problems. Not being able to run both at the same time with verizon.
That could be the problem..

Try this thread.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22013
Old 03-25-2008, 07:38 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I'm on Sprint, but in another country and not using the phone right now (although it is on digital roaming, I'd have no problem turning it off if it helped). I've got WiFi in the home that I'm staying (my laptop connects just fine) but the problem described by the OP is exactly the same for me in regards to WiFi. I'm still using the original 6.1 build that I flashed on 3/17. Patch applied, but no realistic way to reflash the device right now. (I can't seem to get this computer to recognize the USB connection. No, this isn't my laptop.)

Old 03-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Telus

woshiping_me is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by troeper View Post
I started trying to cook a 6.1 rom 3 days ago and while i'm up and running, i'm now on my 10th or so reflash because wifi wont work at all

Under Wifi settings/advanced, the status is "Connecting to a network", but no router is recognized.

I'm installing from windows xp using installer 2.02 and have also been getting the G'reloc "can't find file" errors that have also been posted w/o a solution found. This is also despite updating BuildOS today.

Temporarily i'm going back to 6.0; however, i've heard the folks that successfully installed 6.1 have better wifi function and since this is the principal use for this unit, i would like to eventually use 6.1

troeper, noob supreme

i've just updated to the most recent BuildOs (9.0.5.2.6.2) and i get the G'Reloc (2) errors, even when using original configuration file "Apache_Helmi_WM6.1 Selections.txt" - "G'reloc (2) - Red X - Cannot open file C:\Documents and Settings\%USENAME%(censored)\Application Data\hIq Inc\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.2.6Temp\temp\dump\.ROM\S000", when close the prompt, the G'reloc app loads - G'Reloc v1 beta - VM Slot 0: 01F90000, Slot 1: 03DEC000, Size of rom: 9400000, Unknown: 000000000, when press "Doit!" same issue, if close, will compilel, but now my wifi is just simply gone on the "wireless" today plugin, and when i try to connect it shows in "tiacxin Compatible Wireless Ethernet" - use server assigned IP address - IP "fe80::209:2dff:fe7b", and i can not change it to anything else.. it will not let me connect to any wifi systems, its like its gone.... In Wm6.0 it would show the wireless connects inside "Network Connections" once wifi turned on - not now...

TELUS PPC6700, rom 2.60 radio 1.14 snaz-40306 extrom 2.09.701 wwe hardware 0041 prl 11055 pri 1.13_010, bootloader v2.02

Any ideas...??

Last edited by woshiping_me; 03-29-2008 at 01:50 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hmm I am Sprint ppc 6700 wm6.1 (just flashed last night) and wifi works fine for me so far.

Is there anything I can do on my end to provide some help?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: utstarcom 6700

t1M0vkny is a n00b

I am having the G'Reloc problem that a number of other users have had - has anyone figured a way around it?

I get the cannot find the following file message:
C:\documents and settings\"user name"\application data\HIq inc\9.05.2.7temp\temp\dump\.rom\s000.

I am on Telus, I have v2.02 and I am upgrading from wm5...help?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Talking Re: Apache 6.1 wifi problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by troeper View Post

troeper, noob supreme

Try forcing your Router to B-Mode, and post your results.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development