PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 07:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Jeremysjunk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question E-Sword For WM6 installing bibles

I use E-Sword on my 6700 all the time its great. So I installed it on my extended ROM and my SD card with all bibles installed on SD. After a hard reset when I try to direct the E-Sword program to the .BBl files on my SD card and I select the correct folder that the files are in, the E-Sword program says "No Pocket e-Sword Bibles located in '/StorageCard/Program Files/pocket e-Sword'."

The only way I can fix this so E-sword recognizes the Bible, Dictionary, and commentary files is to connect my 6700 to the PC and use the module install program supplied by e-sword on the PC to install on my 6700 at least one bible over again in the folder on the SD card that contains all the other bible files

Is there a way to get it to work without having to hook up to the PC every time? If I have to hard reset I have everything else set up in my extended ROM or I can install them without a PC. Except this! I would love some help on this.

If you want to get this great program or any of the files you can go to www.E-Sword.net

Thanks for all the help guys,
Jeremysjunk
Old 12-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremysjunk View Post
I use E-Sword on my 6700 all the time its great. So I installed it on my extended ROM and my SD card with all bibles installed on SD. After a hard reset when I try to direct the E-Sword program to the .BBl files on my SD card and I select the correct folder that the files are in, the E-Sword program says "No Pocket e-Sword Bibles located in '/StorageCard/Program Files/pocket e-Sword'."

The only way I can fix this so E-sword recognizes the Bible, Dictionary, and commentary files is to connect my 6700 to the PC and use the module install program supplied by e-sword on the PC to install on my 6700 at least one bible over again in the folder on the SD card that contains all the other bible files

Is there a way to get it to work without having to hook up to the PC every time? If I have to hard reset I have everything else set up in my extended ROM or I can install them without a PC. Except this! I would love some help on this.

If you want to get this great program or any of the files you can go to www.E-Sword.net

Thanks for all the help guys,
Jeremysjunk
If you are using the OEM found elsewhere in this forum, it won't work for me without installing the attached (delete the .zip in the name before running from the PPC) to the main memory. The program itself must also be installed to Main Memory. I tried the extended Rom location too, and it didn't work for me either.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Microsoft SQLCE 2.0.CAB.zip (1.79 MB, 358 views) Click for barcode!

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.

Last edited by Robtao; 12-12-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

dmathieux is a n00b
The only way that I have been successfully is to install both e-sword and sqlCE into main memory and place the bibles in extended or sd card.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
I had that problem in the past as well, and I think installing it to my SD card worked.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Lightbulb I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtao View Post
If you are using the OEM found elsewhere in this forum, it won't work for me without installing the attached (delete the .zip in the name before running from the PPC) to the main memory. The program itself must also be installed to Main Memory. I tried the extended Rom location too, and it didn't work for me either.
I love this App too.
The only way i have gotten around it has been Pocket E-sword in ROM, bibles on the SD and installing SQL2.0 into the memory.
(i even tried to include SQL2.0 into the ROM, but it did not work at all)
Probably using OEMizer app (at the top of the HTC Apache forum), you can create shortcuts to the SD card included in the ROM (so the shortcuts will be there after a Hard Reset,), but you may still have to install SQL2.0 to the sd card anyways so pocket E-sword can see that SQL is there.
(if i'm not mistaken SQLCE (not sure what version, i think it is 3.0) is included in the WM6 Rom, i see it all the time included in the processing of files when using the kitchen, BUT AGAIN, I THINK POCKET E-SWORD NEEDS IT REGISTERED AS AN ISTALL TO SEE IT.

let me know if you can figure it out and have all run from the ROM or
have all from the SD without having to install SQL2.0 everytime you hard reset.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
I have used eSword on my sd card for years with all my PPC. Just download the wm version from the website and install both applications to your SD card. Afer installation Make a new folder, I call it "Bibles" and put all your bibles, dictionaries, maps, etc in it. Don't use the directory that was created by the program. When you first run the program it is going to say that it cant find the bibles and ask you to locate them. When you point it to your "Bible" directory it will open and work perfectly. I currently use this on my Sprint Mogul 6800 without a hitch.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development