PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 10:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

serhito is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which version ?

Hi,

Earlier this year I installed a ROM in my VX6700. It used to work perfectly but recently I am having some problems with the ON/OFF function. Once in a while, when I press the OFF switch to turn OFF the device, it looks like it's OFF, but the screen just dim and the unit will stay ON until it drains the whole battery. If I remember correctly, I already had some issues with switching the device ON/OFF with WM2003. Does anybody know if that could be a hardware issue ?

The other problem I have, I do not know which ROM I installed. How can i find out ? I check the "device information" and it tells me it is 3.50.00 WWE from 04/25/07. Radio version 1.10.00.
The reason I want to find out, is to be able to find a potential update that could fix the ON/OFF problem.

Other than this problem, the phone has been working perfectly. I was ready to ditch the phone until I found it.

Thank you very much for your help.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:37 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
If you hold the on/off button for 5 seconds the function is for the screen to dim. The function when you tap the button is to suspend the device, not turn it off. It does turn the screen off which will save battery life. If you take the time to learn the new kitchen you can install youself a really good rom with some good programs and it has some battery saving edits built into the registry. If you know how to change you registry you can put the registry edits yourself without a new ROM and that may help(search and you will find the reg edits). As for the "on/off" switch you need to figure out if it is a hardware problem with the button because it is unlikly that it would be a software issue.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 12-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by serhito View Post
Hi,

Earlier this year I installed a ROM in my VX6700. It used to work perfectly but recently I am having some problems with the ON/OFF function. Once in a while, when I press the OFF switch to turn OFF the device, it looks like it's OFF, but the screen just dim and the unit will stay ON until it drains the whole battery. If I remember correctly, I already had some issues with switching the device ON/OFF with WM2003. Does anybody know if that could be a hardware issue ?

The other problem I have, I do not know which ROM I installed. How can i find out ? I check the "device information" and it tells me it is 3.50.00 WWE from 04/25/07. Radio version 1.10.00.
The reason I want to find out, is to be able to find a potential update that could fix the ON/OFF problem.

Other than this problem, the phone has been working perfectly. I was ready to ditch the phone until I found it.

Thank you very much for your help.
The 3.50.00 tells you which rom you installed. It's AKU 3.5.

I had tons of sporadic trouble using the on/off button under 3.5. Sometimes it would work great for a day or two, sometimes it would take 3-8 pushes to do anything. Since upgrading to WM6, never a problem. First push does what it should, every time.

I had wondered if it was a hardware problem too, but the symptoms just didn't fit very well with a hardware issue. Now that it's cured for me, I'm pretty sure it's software. It may be additional software I loaded (or didn't load), and not WM5 vs WM6. Either way, I'm not likely to use it as a hammer now.

Last edited by gguruusa; 12-07-2007 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

serhito is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
The 3.50.00 tells you which rom you installed. It's AKU 3.5.

I had tons of sporadic trouble using the on/off button under 3.5. Sometimes it would work great for a day or two, sometimes it would take 3-8 pushes to do anything. Since upgrading to WM6, never a problem. First push does what it should, every time.

I had wondered if it was a hardware problem too, but the symptoms just didn't fit very well with a hardware issue. Now that it's cured for me, I'm pretty sure it's software. It may be additional software I loaded (or didn't load), and not WM5 vs WM6. Either way, I'm not likely to use it as a hammer now.
Thanks all for your reply.
What you described is exactly what goes on. It is very sporadic. I will definitely look into an upgrade.
I do have one more question though. I don't recall exactly how I did it. I am no expert in these ROM building. If I upgrade, will the applications installed in the storage card still work ?
Thanks
Old 12-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
....I do have one more question though. I don't recall exactly how I did it. I am no expert in these ROM building. If I upgrade, will the applications installed in the storage card still work ?
Thanks
serhito,
If they are simple apps, they should still work, although you would need to make new shortcuts for them. If that sounds difficult, then imho you would be better off re-installing the apps.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
What you described is exactly what goes on. It is very sporadic. I will definitely look into an upgrade.
I do have one more question though. I don't recall exactly how I did it. I am no expert in these ROM building. If I upgrade, will the applications installed in the storage card still work ?
Thanks
You'll need to backup all your data files and contacts, and restore your apps. Everything on your phone (not the SD card) will be deleted. The applications you installed on your SD card will still have files there, but all of the shortcuts, system files, and registry entries associated with the app will be gone - you're best bet is to plan on restoring everything.

Last edited by gguruusa; 12-07-2007 at 03:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development