PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2007, 09:23 PM
serhito's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35
Reputation: 0
serhito is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which version ?

Hi,

Earlier this year I installed a ROM in my VX6700. It used to work perfectly but recently I am having some problems with the ON/OFF function. Once in a while, when I press the OFF switch to turn OFF the device, it looks like it's OFF, but the screen just dim and the unit will stay ON until it drains the whole battery. If I remember correctly, I already had some issues with switching the device ON/OFF with WM2003. Does anybody know if that could be a hardware issue ?

The other problem I have, I do not know which ROM I installed. How can i find out ? I check the "device information" and it tells me it is 3.50.00 WWE from 04/25/07. Radio version 1.10.00.
The reason I want to find out, is to be able to find a potential update that could fix the ON/OFF problem.

Other than this problem, the phone has been working perfectly. I was ready to ditch the phone until I found it.

Thank you very much for your help.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2007, 10:37 PM
GaMedic's Avatar
Ditch Doctor
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Location: Georgia, USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,172
Reputation: 3637
GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If you hold the on/off button for 5 seconds the function is for the screen to dim. The function when you tap the button is to suspend the device, not turn it off. It does turn the screen off which will save battery life. If you take the time to learn the new kitchen you can install youself a really good rom with some good programs and it has some battery saving edits built into the registry. If you know how to change you registry you can put the registry edits yourself without a new ROM and that may help(search and you will find the reg edits). As for the "on/off" switch you need to figure out if it is a hardware problem with the button because it is unlikly that it would be a software issue.
__________________
Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2007, 11:25 PM
gguruusa's Avatar
Deep Thinker
Offline
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Location: Mountain top
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,252
Reputation: 4726
gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serhito View Post
Hi,

Earlier this year I installed a ROM in my VX6700. It used to work perfectly but recently I am having some problems with the ON/OFF function. Once in a while, when I press the OFF switch to turn OFF the device, it looks like it's OFF, but the screen just dim and the unit will stay ON until it drains the whole battery. If I remember correctly, I already had some issues with switching the device ON/OFF with WM2003. Does anybody know if that could be a hardware issue ?

The other problem I have, I do not know which ROM I installed. How can i find out ? I check the "device information" and it tells me it is 3.50.00 WWE from 04/25/07. Radio version 1.10.00.
The reason I want to find out, is to be able to find a potential update that could fix the ON/OFF problem.

Other than this problem, the phone has been working perfectly. I was ready to ditch the phone until I found it.

Thank you very much for your help.
The 3.50.00 tells you which rom you installed. It's AKU 3.5.

I had tons of sporadic trouble using the on/off button under 3.5. Sometimes it would work great for a day or two, sometimes it would take 3-8 pushes to do anything. Since upgrading to WM6, never a problem. First push does what it should, every time.

I had wondered if it was a hardware problem too, but the symptoms just didn't fit very well with a hardware issue. Now that it's cured for me, I'm pretty sure it's software. It may be additional software I loaded (or didn't load), and not WM5 vs WM6. Either way, I'm not likely to use it as a hammer now.
__________________
Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Last edited by gguruusa; 12-06-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2007, 06:58 AM
serhito's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35
Reputation: 0
serhito is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
The 3.50.00 tells you which rom you installed. It's AKU 3.5.

I had tons of sporadic trouble using the on/off button under 3.5. Sometimes it would work great for a day or two, sometimes it would take 3-8 pushes to do anything. Since upgrading to WM6, never a problem. First push does what it should, every time.

I had wondered if it was a hardware problem too, but the symptoms just didn't fit very well with a hardware issue. Now that it's cured for me, I'm pretty sure it's software. It may be additional software I loaded (or didn't load), and not WM5 vs WM6. Either way, I'm not likely to use it as a hammer now.
Thanks all for your reply.
What you described is exactly what goes on. It is very sporadic. I will definitely look into an upgrade.
I do have one more question though. I don't recall exactly how I did it. I am no expert in these ROM building. If I upgrade, will the applications installed in the storage card still work ?
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2007, 09:30 AM
TMB_XV6700's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Location: North Carolina
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 485
Reputation: 25
TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serhito View Post
Thanks all for your reply.
....I do have one more question though. I don't recall exactly how I did it. I am no expert in these ROM building. If I upgrade, will the applications installed in the storage card still work ?
Thanks
serhito,
If they are simple apps, they should still work, although you would need to make new shortcuts for them. If that sounds difficult, then imho you would be better off re-installing the apps.
__________________
XV6700 w/ Custom Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) - from Helmi_c and the guys at PPCGeeks.com
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2007, 02:04 PM
gguruusa's Avatar
Deep Thinker
Offline
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Location: Mountain top
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,252
Reputation: 4726
gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serhito View Post
Thanks all for your reply.
What you described is exactly what goes on. It is very sporadic. I will definitely look into an upgrade.
I do have one more question though. I don't recall exactly how I did it. I am no expert in these ROM building. If I upgrade, will the applications installed in the storage card still work ?
Thanks
You'll need to backup all your data files and contacts, and restore your apps. Everything on your phone (not the SD card) will be deleted. The applications you installed on your SD card will still have files there, but all of the shortcuts, system files, and registry entries associated with the app will be gone - you're best bet is to plan on restoring everything.

Last edited by gguruusa; 12-07-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com