PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 06:51 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i uninstalled the helmi performance app to see if i get better battery life, but nope..
my phone drops below half way when i put it in off mode for a while off of a full charge... and this is no joke.

maybe its the factory battery finnally giving up on me, who knows.. i think its time for an upgrade anyways.. I remember wm5 and early versions of wm6 giving me outstanding battery life.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
my phone drops below half way when i put it in off mode for a while off of a full charge...
Yep, that's a first rate indication your battery has reached the end of it's useful life.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Guys, do keep in mind that these batteries will last about a year with normal usage. This phone model is over two years old at this point and I'd venture to guess most of the 6700s out there are at least a year old.

In addition, a lot of the cheapie replacement batteries available on ebay and the like are inferior to the OEM battery and will always show reduced performance.

There are also radio-related factors that affect batt life: your radio ROM for one, as well as your proximity to 1x and EV towers at any given moment.

I'm just saying don't be so quick to blame the OS for all your phone's foibles (not speaking to anyone in particular--just a general comment).
Old 11-29-2007, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
I've found the battery life on this rom to be the best of all I've tried.

I ran into a similar problem on the WM5 1.04 kitchen, when my stock battery started crapping out on me. I've since purchased some new batteries and all is well.

In case anyone's interested, I've tried cheapo eBay versions, one from lionebattery.com and one from Seidio. The Seidio has been, by far, the best performing.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

OffUrRcker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OffUrRcker
OP, my phone used to have a problem just like this. Tell me, when your battery drops suddenly, does the back of the phone get very hot? It's almost as if the processor just flips the hell out all of a sudden and whap, your battery is gone. I have two 6700's, and when I broke the screen on one and spliced the two phones, using the working screen on my old 6700, I noticed that all of the big silver plates on my mainboard looked like they were coated in water residue, which wouldn't come off. When the phone was in standby, it would work fine, but as soon as I started using it it would heat up and my battery life would disappear. I decided to switch phones again, and the other 6700 had no problem like this. However, all of a sudden, wouldn't you know, corrupt radio. So I switched back, upgraded to WM6, and while it heats up every once in a while, the battery doesn't seem to get vaporized anymore.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: verizon

buck95 is just getting started
If you added performance to your kitchen (overclocking), the default is to have the Enable dynamic cpu freq changes unchecked, Took me a week to figure out to check this box. Went from charging twice a day to not needing to charge for two days. "Start, settings, system, performance"
Old 12-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache & AT&T 8525
Carrier: AT&T

GameDoctor is a n00b
How confusing. Some get better battery life while others get worse after this flash.

Could it be minor hardware revisions of the phone causing the phones to react differently to the same code?
Old 12-02-2007, 03:14 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameDoctor View Post
How confusing. Some get better battery life while others get worse after this flash.

Could it be minor hardware revisions of the phone causing the phones to react differently to the same code?
Extremely unlikely, and not for the cases mentioned here. In most cases, it's because people don't load the same software with the same configuration. A few of the early on cases were because some reg settings weren't being done properly in the kitchen (fixed some time ago).
Old 12-02-2007, 03:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV3850 with full gps (thanks eRice, SCrosler, and bored)
Carrier: Verizon

ajgalbraith98 is a n00b
For the record I charge my phone overnight, i wake up at 7:30ish and take it off the charger. Today was a lazy Saturday and I only have 3 calls in my log (its now technically 12:30 my time Sunday Morning) I Sync to a corporate Exchange server every 30 minutes on Saturdays (I get about 75 emails per Saturday and Sunday). I used my calendaring extensively for about an hour at a cubscout meeting planning crap. I have 80% battery right now..., the phone has 341 hours 21 min 5 seconds on it and is over 1 year old (Manufacture Date Jun 5th 2006) with an OEM stock battery (bought in OCT 2007)

My normal business day i wake up at 7:30 my phone syncs every 10 minutes to Exchange from 8:am to 6:00pm (i get about 200 email per day on a weekday), i use it extensivley for phone calls all day long as my career takes a lot of coordination with other engineers. I use my calendar extensively with loud alarms and voice notifications, I do not use BT or WIFI very often though I have an old motorola headset i use in the car when i remember (for safety) and have high speed WIFI at home which I use to download crap to my phone, but i only turn the WIFI on when I want a big file, then turn it off when i'm done surfing. I do not use MMS if that matters, I keep my brightness for battery level on the lowest+1 setting and dim after 2 minutes, suspend after 3.

After my lastest and greatest flash (Helmi 071117) on both my wifes and my 6700s we both NEVER need to charge before going to bed, and I can make it to 11:00a to noonish the next day if i forget (I have a charger at work, but if I forget I usually charge in my car on the way to work and I top off from 20% ish to 80%ish and make it through the work day)

The point is that if you arent getting decent battery its definately not the core ROM. I have had my battery crap out at work, but it has always been because i forgot to charge over 30 hours ago.

Last edited by ajgalbraith98; 12-02-2007 at 04:00 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

Jeff_Birt is a n00b
I changed my phone from 'hybrid' (EVDO or 1X) mode to '1X only' and my battery life doubled. I could actually make it an entire workday on one charge. I would assume this setting helped as I live in a small town that only has 1X service; so stopping the phone from continuously trying to find a EVDO tower saved power.

This weekend I was looking at my Active-Sync settings and was shocked to see that it was set to sync with the receipt of every message (Exchange server w/direct push at work). I changed it to sync every hour, I still get emails as they arrive but have to manually hit send/receive if I want changes I have made on the phone to sync to the server before the next hour. After about 9 hours today I was still at 70%.

I know my battery is about shot as it will die in 15 min with wifi enabled. I ordered a couple new batteries and can't wait to see how long a 'good' battery will last.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development