PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2007, 01:44 PM
PRSPower's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19
Reputation: 0
PRSPower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calling all Sprint users: PRL question

I have flashed about 10 Verizon Apaches with the new Kitchen and always do a *228 to update the PRL when I am done flashing. I have a friend with a Sprint Apache that wanted me to update her phone. I did and it went perfectly as expected, but I am at a loss as to how to update the PRL on a Sprint. Should I even worry about it? What is the best practice on a Sprint phone?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2007, 01:52 PM
divedr's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC 6850
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 113
Reputation: 455
divedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have her dial sprint customer support and they will send the latest PRL directly to her phone, they do it for me every month!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2007, 02:47 PM
PRSPower's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19
Reputation: 0
PRSPower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by divedr View Post
Have her dial sprint customer support and they will send the latest PRL directly to her phone, they do it for me every month!
Cool, thanks. That must be a pain for all you Sprint users that flash your phone as often as I do.

I called them, asked for the OTA PRL update, gave it two minutes and called *2 from the phone and it worked like a champ.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2007, 03:43 PM
schettj's Avatar
morsus mihi
Offline
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T
Location: Not from around these parts
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,017
Reputation: 3616
schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
there are a lot of ways to put a PRL into the phone that don't involve dialing *2

But that's the easy way for most end users... there is a thread somewhere on here showing how to do it if you have the prl file using the ppst app on the phone. I have no idea where it is, but if you search for it, you have as much a chance as I do of finding it
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2007, 07:44 PM
bacspasm's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC diamond w/groove 5 21232
Carrier: radio 1.11.00F on Sprint, 60652
Location: Minnesota
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 182
Reputation: 80
bacspasm is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing PRL for sprint PPC6700

Ok here you go:

1) Go to corolada.com/prl first and get the latest PRL for your apache - currently is 20229.

2) Paste this file on your mini SD card and reinsert into your phone

3) go to phone dialpad, enter ##775# if nothing happens press send

4) You will be promted to enter your MSL # get it from customer service if you do not have it

4) You will be on the PRL program screen, you should hopefully see the PRL by the number on screen, if you do not, you will need to browse to the location on the card.

5) hit ok and it will process the PRL update. May need a reset and then check your device info to verify you have updated.

The over the air update for the Apache does not work for me, I have had to do this almost every time.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:04 AM
StarDestroyer's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: ppc6700
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 13
Reputation: 0
StarDestroyer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacspasm View Post
4) You will be promted to enter your MSL # get it from customer service if you do not have it
Optionally, you can use GetSPC.exe.... it runs on your phone and you'll have to type in your ESN (so you'll wanna write it down as it's kinda hard to see it with the phone running . It then spits out your MSL #.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:09 AM
TMB_XV6700's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Location: North Carolina
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 485
Reputation: 25
TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What am I missing here?

The rom flash doesn't touch the PRL, so assuming the PRL was good before the upgrade, there should be no need to update it afterward, right?
(I do understand the OP, when charged with maintaining a number of phones, updating PRL every time you touch one is good practice. I just don't see the value of it for multiple rom flashes of the same phone.)
__________________
XV6700 w/ Custom Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) - from Helmi_c and the guys at PPCGeeks.com
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:32 AM
daveedem's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO 4
Carrier: Sprint
Location: maryland
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 295
Reputation: 25
daveedem is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacspasm View Post
Ok here you go:

1) Go to corolada.com/prl first and get the latest PRL for your apache - currently is 20229.

2) Paste this file on your mini SD card and reinsert into your phone

3) go to phone dialpad, enter ##775# if nothing happens press send

4) You will be promted to enter your MSL # get it from customer service if you do not have it

4) You will be on the PRL program screen, you should hopefully see the PRL by the number on screen, if you do not, you will need to browse to the location on the card.

5) hit ok and it will process the PRL update. May need a reset and then check your device info to verify you have updated.

The over the air update for the Apache does not work for me, I have had to do this almost every time.
Thanks... I just ran the update prl with no issues.

Prior to that my phone was on prl 20224.
__________________
EVO 4
Rooted because I don't like the Man telling me what I can and can't do...
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007, 12:21 PM
StarDestroyer's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: ppc6700
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 13
Reputation: 0
StarDestroyer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
The rom flash doesn't touch the PRL, so assuming the PRL was good before the upgrade, there should be no need to update it afterward, right?
(I do understand the OP, when charged with maintaining a number of phones, updating PRL every time you touch one is good practice. I just don't see the value of it for multiple rom flashes of the same phone.)
My experience says that's a true statement. I updated my PRL to 20229 back when I was running hemi_c's experimental WM6 ROM. I've flashed many times since then and I'm still at PRL 20229. IIRC, the phone came with 20224.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2007, 12:11 AM
pdx77's Avatar
Almost a VIP
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Portland, OR
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 900
Reputation: 610
pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
While we are on this subject, what is the latest PRL from Sprint?
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com