PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
more on non-functional voip. even if my sip settings (under voip setup) are incorrect, I should be seeing a line in the today screen that says it is searching for my provider (when my wifi is on). this is not happening... nothing is showing up... even though I have internet calling checked on the today items. could someone please look into this?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV-6700
Carrier: Verizon

jsavin is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jsavin Send a message via MSN to jsavin Send a message via Yahoo to jsavin Send a message via Skype™ to jsavin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgalbraith98 View Post
Special thanks to jsavin
Glad I could help, and awesome job on the OEM -- about to test it out here...

Just to check though on putting the registration key into the registry -- The value of "Application" is different on my PPC, using Pocket Plus 4.0.1. You said:

"Application"=dword:a9401b68

But I've got:

"Application"=dword:a938e898

It's just a guess, but it may be the case that the value of Application actually comes from some calculation based on Owner Info, and that your registration code will only work with the correct value here as well.

Not sure if it makes any difference though. FWIW, I'm going to test using my value instead of the one in your post. I'll post here again if I run into any problems.

Cheers, and thanks again!
-Jake
Old 11-19-2007, 03:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
more on non-functional voip. even if my sip settings (under voip setup) are incorrect, I should be seeing a line in the today screen that says it is searching for my provider (when my wifi is on). this is not happening... nothing is showing up... even though I have internet calling checked on the today items. could someone please look into this?
The today plugin only works for GSM phones. You're on a CDMA network.
The only indication that it's "on" is that you will see your VoIP server name in the dialer instead of your carrier.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann View Post
The today plugin only works for GSM phones. You're on a CDMA network.
The only indication that it's "on" is that you will see your VoIP server name in the dialer instead of your carrier.
ok, thats good to know... but it seems it doesnt appear in my dialer either. i have checked there since i have read (from xda developers) that it is in fact supposed to function within the normal dialer. but in my case, even with wifi on, bluetooth off, sip settings correct, it never is available. has anyone gotten it to work via wifi on a cdma phone?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
LennySh and I have both had it working fine. You need to make sure the setting to enable it is actually sticking in the VoIP Setup app.

I was using VoIPcheap.com which he also tested along with another provider (can't remember which he has).
Old 11-19-2007, 06:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann View Post
LennySh and I have both had it working fine. You need to make sure the setting to enable it is actually sticking in the VoIP Setup app.

I was using VoIPcheap.com which he also tested along with another provider (can't remember which he has).
the setup is sticking. so i guess i am at a loss. i am able to connect just fine if i use a service like Fring... but i would rather use the WM6 native voip. maybe you can point me to a document that clearly outlines what i should be doing to make it take? it would be nice if the VOIP setup program had a "test settings" function to tell me if the problem is there or elsewhere. unfortunately, the native system is not reporting anything.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV3850 with full gps (thanks eRice, SCrosler, and bored)
Carrier: Verizon

ajgalbraith98 is a n00b
SPB Plus: You are probably right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsavin View Post
Glad I could help, and awesome job on the OEM -- about to test it out here...

Just to check though on putting the registration key into the registry -- The value of "Application" is different on my PPC, using Pocket Plus 4.0.1. You said:

"Application"=dword:a9401b68

But I've got:

"Application"=dword:a938e898

It's just a guess, but it may be the case that the value of Application actually comes from some calculation based on Owner Info, and that your registration code will only work with the correct value here as well.

Not sure if it makes any difference though. FWIW, I'm going to test using my value instead of the one in your post. I'll post here again if I run into any problems.

Cheers, and thanks again!
-Jake
You are probably right, I use the same Owner on my wife's and mine phone for that kind of issue, also i notice if I left that in the OEM the trial expired immediately so it could be a date code also... It has been SO long since I origianlly purchased SPB plus that I can't rememember if they asked for Owner field.

I guess to be sure one would have to quickly bake with my OEM, then Install from cab, register, then record what they found at that registry setting, then add that info to their RGU and bake again. Luckily for me I have that hahahaha....

--ajgalbraith98
Old 11-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: storm
Carrier: verizon

obsidian440 is a n00b
I want to say thanks to everyone who worked on the wm6 upgrade and the kitchen, I really appreciate your work in bringing this update to those of us who love our phones but our carriers don't.

That said, I'm having trouble getting my direct push to work again with my exchange server. We are using 2007 with a self-signed ssl cert. On wm5 I was able to use the registry changes along with importing the cert manually to make it work. With my new upgrade I am now getting the message "server cert is wrong". I was unable to find any real answer searching google and these forums. I have tried to manually import the cert and doing the registry change but I'm still running into the same problem.

To be more specific, without the registry change, I get a message stating the server is the wrong name, with the registry it just tells me the certificate is wrong. I have checked all date/time settings on both my server and my phone, both match exactly. I have full access to the exchange server and phone. Any ideas ? Are there any new registry tweaks that can be done ?
Or is this just a case of having a self-signed cert and I should buckled down and buy a real one ?
Old 11-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Thought I'd post this here...I'm loving this rom but just one issue... hopefully this will be a simple fix for someone here. I cooked my first rom(s) --serveral tries to get it just right. I seem to have lost the ability to 'back out' of a menu by pressing left on the d-pad. This used to close any menu on the screen but now the menu will stay until i either press the soft key again or physically close it with the stylus. I had no idea how such a simple movement sped up my use of the phone till it was gone. I know someone here can help me get it back... i'm thinking this may be a job for a rededit but my searching has turned up nothing.

Thanks in advance, awesome work on the latest kicthen!
Old 11-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

frylock is a n00b
I seem to have an odd issue with typing. When running WM5, my typing was fine. But with WM6, it seems that characters get missed, or the wrong character is entered sometimes. There also appears to be a slight delay when texting. It also happens when running Skype on the XV6700. Anyone else experience this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development