PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone have a WM6 ROM with arcsoft update and palm threading?

Has anyone made a ROM based on HELMI wm6 with new arcsoft MMS 4.2.8.1 and Palm threading SMS included. I want these 2 apps to run from extended_rom without having to re-install everytime I hard reset. Also what is the best soft reset program to use? I would love to cook my own ROM but it seems a bit technical to me. I use Verizon and considered verizonguys ROM but I like some of the games in Helmi's original but can live without them. I need ROM cooking for dummies guide lol. Thanks for all you guys do. I have learned to enjoy my 6700 since finding this site. You guys are AWESOME!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Customizations

I guess I should also say I don't allow customizations to run. I reset before they run. I don't know if that makes a difference. I go in and run the region, mms, enable ring tone and area code cabs manually. I don't know if I need to run those but I do. I also manually install psshutxp and touch clone dialer cabs manually so that 911 will work.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

phoenx06 is keeping up the good workphoenx06 is keeping up the good work
Its not technical at all. If you want to use the OEM's already included in the kitchen, you run BuildOS and check off what you want. When done, run CreateROM.bat and follow instructions. Easy as pie. If you want to add OEMs, copy them to the TOOLS folder, drag the OEM over BuildDSM.exe, then cut the OEM from TOOLS, paste in OEM folder, then run BuildOS, etc (as stated before)
Make sure you give props to all those who keep this site running, as well as those who provide all those ever-so-useful ROMs and applications. If someone helps you out, or answers a question of yours, be sure to click the "Thanks" button.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

Help me understand please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenx06 View Post
Its not technical at all. If you want to use the OEM's already included in the kitchen, you run BuildOS and check off what you want. When done, run CreateROM.bat and follow instructions. Easy as pie. If you want to add OEMs, copy them to the TOOLS folder, drag the OEM over BuildDSM.exe, then cut the OEM from TOOLS, paste in OEM folder, then run BuildOS, etc (as stated before)
I have WM6_Apac_Kitchen_0.1 downloaded. I guess I should download newest version of kitchen 0.7 first correct?
Also you said drag the OEM over BuildDSM.exe. Do you mean download the OEM from the FTP then place it into tools folder, then drag and drop like I am adding it to a folder? Just drop it right onto BuildDSM.exe and it will create a new file that I cut and paste into OEM folder. Let me know if I understand you correctly. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by GaMedic; 10-29-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

mmbhm is a n00b
Phoenx06 - If you go to the FTP and look at, oh, say Verizonguys working OEMs, some are files and some are folders. How do you handle the folders? do you have to download each file into a folder on your machine? If this is all explained somewhere else, it would be great if you could point off-handedly in that direction. Thx.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

Talking First ROM

OK I created my first ROM. I was able to put the new Archsoft in but not the palm threading app because I didn't have an OEM for it. I did a backup with PIM backup but lost all my MMS and text messages anyway. I had to set up my email again which stinks. I wish I could figure out hw to buid those settings in a ROM with the kitchen so I don't have to do all that setting up again. Thanks for the help, it actually seemed pretty easy just need your good explanation.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development