PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verison

deecee1955 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think I bricked my 6700

I am using my 6700 on Verizon. I upgraded to the latest WM5 version with out any problems. I got the bright idea to install the barebones WM6. I followed the directions and placed the 6700 in bootloader mode. I was using the charging base and the word USB was on the screen. The instructions stated that the word should say serial. When I removed the 6700 the word serial did appear. When the 6700 was put back into the cradle it switched back to usb. Every time Itried to install the upgrade I kept receiving the "device not found" error message. I eventually downloaded xv6700 aku3 which I thought would uninstall the change I made. The program loaded found my 6700 and the flash screen came up that it would take 20 minutes to complete. During the flash I noticed the percentage of install never changed. I waited close to 20 minutes before I decided to disconnect and restart. Same results. After several attempts the phone will not reboot and sits in bootloader state.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Right now my 6700 makes an attractive paper weight.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 / 6900 / TP2
Carrier: Sprint

badb4c is keeping up the good workbadb4c is keeping up the good work
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7049
Old 10-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
hopefully, that will get you out of bootloader. once you are out of bootloader... and if you should get the nerve to try again... know the following:
1. when you are docked on the cradle, you are supposed to see USB. that is normal. seeing serial when you are not docked is also normal. since you must be docked when flashing, it should be USB when flashing.
2. flashing does take a very long time. exercise patience. go get coffee while it is going. go watch a tv show while it is going... but dont stop it. if more than 40 minutes goes by, i would definately think something is wrong. make sure you are doing it from an XP machine instead of vista.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development